6 month Review of my 2019 CX-5 Signature

I have a Reserve and have also found that I'll take a drive on a nice summer night, just because I like driving the car so much.

Regarding your jerky transmission...some folks have said that their tranny fluid was under-filled at the factory. Before I resigned myself to "just living with it" (and possibly haring the transmission), I'd check the fluid. It's a pain in the butt.

I might do it without really knowing I'm doing it - I DO work in the transportation industry lol.

This is pretty funny. I worked in purchasing & materials management for a good chunk of my career, and have to stop myself from capitalizing the word "fob." It's just habit.

This is pretty funny. I worked in purchasing & materials management for a good chunk of my career, and have to stop myself from capitalizing the word "fob." It's just habit.

I've wondered if this is why I see it so often, but I can't imagine there are that many people who work in logistics or purchasing. Then again, the guy who does our CAE modelling likes to put the word 'sag' in all caps...

I've wondered if this is why I see it so often, but I can't imagine there are that many people who work in logistics or purchasing. Then again, the guy who does our CAE modelling likes to put the word 'sag' in all caps...

Maybe people don't realize that fob is a word and not an acronym.

Not many of us wear (or have ever worn) pocket watches.

I have a Reserve and have also found that I'll take a drive on a nice summer night, just because I like driving the car so much.

Regarding your jerky transmission...some folks have said that their tranny fluid was under-filled at the factory. Before I resigned myself to "just living with it" (and possibly haring the transmission), I'd check the fluid. It's a pain in the butt.

That was the complaint I had about the dealer. I had mentioned that the transmission "felt" like it might be underfilled (based on things I had read here) and he said "there's no way to fill it. We don't touch those transmissions at all". I asked to speak to the tech, he said the tech would tell me the same thing.

Is there a manual for our engine? And is the Turbo any different other than just having the turbo ON it? Because I'd like to check it, and I understand its under the air filter housing?

That was the complaint I had about the dealer. I had mentioned that the transmission "felt" like it might be underfilled (based on things I had read here) and he said "there's no way to fill it. We don't touch those transmissions at all". I asked to speak to the tech, he said the tech would tell me the same thing.

Is there a manual for our engine? And is the Turbo any different other than just having the turbo ON it? Because I'd like to check it, and I understand its under the air filter housing?

The pistons and other things in the turbo model differ.

Some PDFs for you.....

Attachments

• Outline.pdf
    198.7 KB · Views: 232
  • Piston.pdf
    158.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Block.pdf
    162.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Head.pdf
    299.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Head Cover.pdf
    153.2 KB · Views: 198