505 Cold Air Box GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the headlight from Alex this evening. Jumped right to work on it and the wagon headlight template is already done. I was able to get everything fitting just like the sedan light setup. I used a jigsaw with an 18-tpi metal blade to make the cut, then I finished it off with a dremel and sanding drum to smooth it out. You can use a dremel with cutoff wheel for the cut if you prefer.

I will be shooting out a PM to you P5 guys + bwalt to see if you want a physical copy mailed to you or a digital scan emailed to you.

CIMG5211.jpg

CIMG5213.jpg

CIMG5215.jpg

CIMG5216.jpg

Last edited:
I need to look up on how to relocate my maf. I was thinking of buying a injen cold pipe kit. Just need to figure out how to relocate since I want to do that anyway. I think I'm going to be down for buying on. Put me on list and ill attempt to research on if I can relocate with the injen.

Hey Rich, i'll take a digital copy too if its cool...I have mine fitting pretty decently, but didn't cut quite as much off the top part of the box (my cut stayed forward of that little notch), and i'm wondering if that is why i wasn't able to mount the box at a right angle from the intake piping...I thought i was still hanging up a little under the headlight, it was a little hard to tell exactly...my lid sits pretty flush though, so i'm definitely close...

As far as anyone using a dremel, i'd recommend the reinforced cutting discs that are a little thicker for this...i had tons of the standard 'various metal' cutting wheels, but they burn up pretty quickly and you'll go through a good bit of them...Also, home depot has a 'bar bur' that just looks like a thick metal pin with about 1/4" of curved groves/teeth at the end...that was much easier than a file to polish the edge before slipping the rubber trim over it...you can cut a little forward of the template, then polish it back quickly with that bur...not trying to sound like a parent, either...but wear long sleeves and gloves plus eye protection if you've never done this...tiny specs of aluminum will go everywhere, and a lot of people can have reactions to aluminum on bare skin like that...i've seen guys have it so bad it looked like they just rubbed poison ivy on their arms...

its about as easy as metal work can be, though...don't be afraid of it...

Mine doesn't quite line up but i get the gist. Ill just do the old cut and test a bunch of times.

I got mine in a few days ago. It looks great and was packaged very well. Now I just got to save up the cash to get my ebay intercooler parts and switch it out.

How much are they, and before anyone gets frustrated that I asked that, my internet won't allow me to go to any other pages of this forum....

How much are they, and before anyone gets frustrated that I asked that, my internet won't allow me to go to any other pages of this forum....

Options/Pricing:

1. Box only (3") = $200
2. Box (3") + filter = $220
3. Piping Kit only (N/A, MSP, 3") = $119
4. Piping Kit (N/A, MSP, 3") + filter = $139
5. Box + Piping Kit (N/A, MSP, 3") = $300
6. Full C.A.B. Kit (N/A, 3") = $320
7. Full C.A.B. Kit (MSP) = $340

N/A Kit = 3" filter -> 3" box -> MAF -> 2.75" piping -> TB
MSP Kit = 2.75" filter -> MAF -> 3" box -> 3" piping -> stock turbo inlet
3" Kit = 3" filter -> 3" box -> 3" piping -> 3" turbo inlet

Filter for N/A and 3" kits is a Origin Dry HP (red, yellow, or blue).

Filter for MSP kits is a K&N SN-2580.

Custom options are available (within reason). Please inquire via PM if you need something different.

**All prices do not include shipping. Actual shipping costs will be due when your kit is ready to ship.**

Add yourself to the list with your options, and then PM me for deposit/paypal info. I will update the list in the order of deposits that are received.

Every payday something comes up which prevents me from paying this off. If everything goes well this week I will pay the remainder of the balance. Do you know if the piping kit will line up with the thunder knock off manifold?

Finally got mine installed. Had to do a bit more cutting than the template, but it came out pretty good. Eventually I'll pull the pipe and paint it silver to go with my bay better.

null_zpse2cd6649.jpg

still love mine, not one problem since the cut/install...been logging intake temps...i don't have an ambient air temp sensor in my car...but on the drive to work this morning, it was 48 degrees (in August!)...highest IAT i hit on the drive was 50*F haha! my IAT's with the stock intake were ALWAYS around 25 to 30 degrees higher than ambient...

any other NA guys notice an almost wrx like sound it gives? full throttle through mid-range on mine sounds very unique, not many other cars sound like it...but a few friends have said it sounds like a un-equal primaried boxer 4?

still love mine, not one problem since the cut/install...been logging intake temps...i don't have an ambient air temp sensor in my car...but on the drive to work this morning, it was 48 degrees (in August!)...highest IAT i hit on the drive was 50*F haha! my IAT's with the stock intake were ALWAYS around 25 to 30 degrees higher than ambient...

any other NA guys notice an almost wrx like sound it gives? full throttle through mid-range on mine sounds very unique, not many other cars sound like it...but a few friends have said it sounds like a un-equal primaried boxer 4?

Sound clip please

The induction sound does sound a lot nicer, I've noticed. Love it.

Painted the pipe and cut down the 90 at the MAF since it was rubbing against the bracket part of the coolant inlet. Fits perfect now.

1098464_10151647795667730_150788743_n_zps9fd0dd8b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back