2nd Color Choice

Out of the two, which is your favorite color?

• Stormy Blue Mica

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Zeal Red Mica

Votes: 35 53.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is my stormy blue in direct sun

image.jpg

I'm not a fan. I really wanted the pretty Sky Blue. This is too dark. It is almost black if you're far away from it. Blue doesn't really start to show until you get close to it. Plus, the primer is white underneath so scratches appear bright white against the dark blue. That sucks.
This is just like mine. I really like it. I thought the bright blue was just a bit too bright, I'm not a teenager.. This one looks sophisticated! And as for scratches... oh well, this is a car, you bought it to drive so scratches are inevitable.. When I washed my car a few days ago I noticed a slight 'ding' - from a shopping cart maybe - oh how much I hated it!! But looking at a bigger picture - I am not going to lose sleep over it, as I said it is a car and I bought it to drive not to sit in a garage.. Just my 2cents..

Dealers generally ask for a backup color when creating a new order. I am dead set on Crystal White Pearl Mica and Sand interior. The other options for me with Sand interior, in a dead heat, are Stormy Blue Mica and Zeal Red Mica.

Which is your favorite? Vote above!
Sorry for a bunch of posts, but I wanted to answer your question... I'd say if you are dead set on this color, do not agree for any other because you will be driving it for the next several years and isn't it better to totally enjoy what you have? Because if you agree on your 2nd choice, you will always feel you compromised and didn't get your preference.. Just my 2cents.
I liked Stormy Blue from the start, but [for a minute] considered the Metropolitan Grey.. But it didn't come with beige interior so it was a no-brainer for me..

This is just like mine. I really like it. I thought the bright blue was just a bit too bright, I'm not a teenager.. This one looks sophisticated! And as for scratches... oh well, this is a car, you bought it to drive so scratches are inevitable.. When I washed my car a few days ago I noticed a slight 'ding' - from a shopping cart maybe - oh how much I hated it!! But looking at a bigger picture - I am not going to lose sleep over it, as I said it is a car and I bought it to drive not to sit in a garage.. Just my 2cents..

I've got a Sky Blue touring lined up clear at the other end of Calif. which I hope to pick up next week (we have supply issues here in the the "golden state"). Funny thing about color; it's SOOO subjective. I like your Stormy blue in the sunlight, but for me it's a little on the drab side in shadows. I'm hardly a teenager (coming up on 65th b'day!), but the lighter blue really pops for me and I like the contrast with the black trim and interior. But then I've been driving a silver Nissan truck for the past 6 years and I'm ready for some color in my garage! BTW: Have you ever heard of PDR? Stands for paintless dent removal. There are specialty shops that, because of the relative softness of today's automotive sheet metal, can use an array of body tools to get inside body panels and completely remove small dents as long as the paint is not broken or cracked. They're relatively inexpensive and have been a lifesaver for me. But then, it's not just a car to me. It's an exension of me! Sick; I know.

I've got a Sky Blue touring lined up clear at the other end of Calif. which I hope to pick up next week (we have supply issues here in the the "golden state"). Funny thing about color; it's SOOO subjective. I like your Stormy blue in the sunlight, but for me it's a little on the drab side in shadows. I'm hardly a teenager (coming up on 65th b'day!), but the lighter blue really pops for me and I like the contrast with the black trim and interior. But then I've been driving a silver Nissan truck for the past 6 years and I'm ready for some color in my garage! BTW: Have you ever heard of PDR? Stands for paintless dent removal. There are specialty shops that, because of the relative softness of today's automotive sheet metal, can use an array of body tools to get inside body panels and completely remove small dents as long as the paint is not broken or cracked. They're relatively inexpensive and have been a lifesaver for me. But then, it's not just a car to me. It's an exension of me! Sick; I know.
I totally agree that color is simply personal taste. I liked the darker blue because I wasn't crazy about the contrast with black parts - grille, etc. At the same time I would never get black or silver, I want color - but the color that Is an extension of "me", you know what I mean? :)

Anyway, I will check into PDR - thanks for the suggestion! Love this forum exactly for this kind of stuff - fellow driver advice!

I would really like a sky blue GT with sand interior - if it were offered. Black leather is just a total no-go here in Tucson, unless you are a masochist.

Back