2jz speed?!?!

msp03rbuld

:
mazda, mazdaspeed protege
Ok so a good friend of mine does 2j swaps in rx 7s ,350's, 240s, supras, s2ks... blah blah... anyway we were talking last night and the idea of a 2j in my map came up and without a doubt he said he can do it.. it would be one of a kind but very very possible. Just wanted to see what you guys thought about this .. like I said its an idea and if time and money work correctly side by side. I might go through with it.

if you got the cash flow to do it then do it,but not many of us have that laying around

Do it and get back to us with results.

But let me give you a idea about your cars weight distribution afterwords. Take a pencil put your finger in the middle and balance it, now we will simulate a 2jz in your car by placing a 5g lead weight on the end of the pencil. Get the point. It will be cool but i can tell you no matter what you do to the suspension it will handle like crap.

or go buy a rear ended mazdaspeed protege for $1500-$2000, put the engine and harness in the back, build some sort of slick dual linkage, or make adaptor plates to a trans that use cable shifters like the E153 and have a 10 second car on 91 gas..

doubt anyone would ever have the time, will or money to do it, but it still sounds like alot less work than a inline 6 rwd and would spank it at the strip

heres a tibby as an example running auto trans front and rear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofZIcTkCiw

and the "durrocco" dual vw 2.0 16valves

b5d4a962.jpg

Last edited:
LOL I love these threads. I would never do anything like the idea here but it's fun to hear these ideas...

.....how would a 2jz msp drift well. id bet the weight distribution would be all stupid.

well, think about it. most of the weight in the front of the car makes it easy for the rear tires to pivot around the front. besides, all those horses spinning the back tires, come on. you'll drift yourself into the future. aha! i feel it would be a great drift machine.

Do it and get back to us with results.

But let me give you a idea about your cars weight distribution afterwords. Take a pencil put your finger in the middle and balance it, now we will simulate a 2jz in your car by placing a 5g lead weight on the end of the pencil. Get the point. It will be cool but i can tell you no matter what you do to the suspension it will handle like crap.

Oh... so it'll be ridiculously front heavy? Just like.... stock? I'd be HIGHLY surprised (not like this will ever happen) if weight distribution was shifted by more than 5%.

Of course, i'd be HIGHLY surprised if a 2jz would fit in the engine bay, either. (Hint, it won't. You'll have to move the firewall back. About foot.)

Back