24 hours of daytona ~ january 29-30, 2011

Well, as long as I'm home for this, I'm definitely going. No doubt about that. I just don't know if I'll be camping again like last year, or what. The camping was fun as hell. So I'm guessing there's no camping pass this year?

Hmmm...if I have the money I might do this. How long is the drive out there? And how many miles?

Oh, can someone provide me with a link for purchasing tickets? I'm going to spread the word to other forums.

around 15 hours, around 1000 miles each way

Wow....that might be too many miles. I don't really need to put that many on my car, I've already put 20k on it since I got the car 8 months ago :(

If I can get off work I'll go, but I might just tag along with someone instead of driving lol.

It's not that bad... unless you drive down in a Miata, then it kinda sucks.

put me down for daytona, if I can get off from work. Marlon/ Lauri could you pmor email me a break down of costs and events planned etc. thanks Marc

i still dont know yet...

id like to but with gas and staying in a hotel (vs. camping like last year) im not totally sure ill be able to afford it
guess ill figure it all out then

oh and pablo gas wont be that much (if it only cost stephen and i about 100 per person in the miata it really shouldnt be more than that in the 3, considering it gets better mileage than the msm)

Hey guys! Here's the link to the corral tickets for saturday/sunday. $45 for infield and unlimited grandstand access for saturday/sunday only. It'll cost extra for Paddock access, Thursday practice and for the Friday continental series race. No word on camping access. Not as good as last year's epic deal which was like $65 for all 4-days, paddock access, AND exclusive camping.

Anyhow here's the breakdown that I got from Derek @ DIS...
http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Vanity-Pages/2011/Rolex-24-Car-Corral.aspx
Saturday/Sunday Rolex24 tickets (infield/unlimited grandstand/corral parking) = $45
Paddock Access (Rolex series) = $35

It lists another 4-day package w/ infield/grandstand/infield parking/paddock access for $85, but I believe you will probably have to call it in to order. It doesn't show on the order form....just a link to the 2-day pass.

In the email that I got from Derek (from DIS) is that for single day tickets for Thursday and Friday....it'll be $10 and $15, respectively.

Not sure if Marlon or anybody can work out a better deal, but that is what I have gathered so far on my own for the Rolex24 weekend.

- Sok

I am all over it, we should have paddock access! I have e mailed my guy and he is looking into it, the Corral passes were supposed to include paddock passes!!! I will get this corrected.

Last edited:
well i can't go to daytona, it's between daytona and the mitty and I choose the mitty

Marlon...

I called and spoke to one of the ladies at DIS (not Derek) to order tickets. I mentioned that I was part of the Mazda Club Car corral last year and called in my ticket order. It seems like if you ordered tickets from last year and have an acct in the system they are able to pull up the exact same package that was offered last year for this year. It's called the Ultimate Endurance Package for $85 and it includes the following....4-day admission infield/grandstand, daily paddock access, overnight infield parking, and TENT CAMPING. I immediately placed an order for myself and my brother....grand total $190 for a pair of tickets after processing & insurance. Tickets will be mailed out 2-3 weeks before the race, so I should be receiving them relatively soon.

Until then Marlon...can you verify the tent camping area for us through your channels. The lady I spoke to didn't know, but she definitely said that tent camping was included in the package. Last year all of us mazda guys were set up by Lake Lloyd in the yellow camping area (spots 701-722). It would be awesome if we got those spots once again....because they had electrical and running water hookups. :)

- Sok

Guys, Steve is working on the deal that Sok, has just posted u $85.00 for the weekend. I will keep you updated to his progress.

Marlon...

I called and spoke to one of the ladies at DIS (not Derek) to order tickets. I mentioned that I was part of the Mazda Club Car corral last year and called in my ticket order. It seems like if you ordered tickets from last year and have an acct in the system they are able to pull up the exact same package that was offered last year for this year. It's called the Ultimate Endurance Package for $85 and it includes the following....4-day admission infield/grandstand, daily paddock access, overnight infield parking, and TENT CAMPING. I immediately placed an order for myself and my brother....grand total $190 for a pair of tickets after processing & insurance. Tickets will be mailed out 2-3 weeks before the race, so I should be receiving them relatively soon.

Until then Marlon...can you verify the tent camping area for us through your channels. The lady I spoke to didn't know, but she definitely said that tent camping was included in the package. Last year all of us mazda guys were set up by Lake Lloyd in the yellow camping area (spots 701-722). It would be awesome if we got those spots once again....because they had electrical and running water hookups. :)

- Sok

Electrical hookups that we shouldn't have had access too, but small hands do wonders... LOL

OK people, I need a better idea on dates so I can request them off and plan for the hotel... how does the schedule look for whoever is going?

Ultimate Endurance Package tickets received. It doesn't include infield camping passes....only 4-day tickets with unlimited grandstand access, infield/overnight parking & paddock access.

i only have thu and fri off from work, so my plan is to drive down on thu (leave way early in am) and unfortunately we have to drive back on sunday because i can't get off work on monday. we will be leaving daytona by mid day on sunday to head home. that's our plan at least ...

Back