2023 CX-5 Turbo Whining Noise

This member has exactly the same issue - the first video. In this video, it starts at 50m/h, and this sound is similar to the jet engine.
Make this video louder, and you will hear this noise after 50m/h on the odometer.
I hear ya - its now a question of how to locate its origin ,- sines , said use a lift , I said dyno - I think his idea is the most cost effective and most accessable - get the damn thing up in the air running w someone in the drivers seat changing rpms / speed / gears - you can at least start to eliminate what its not -

Have had the car for little under a year and recently it’s been starting to make a whining noise while driving. My worry is that the noise is constant and not just on acceleration/deceleration. Any ideas?
you bought this car new - ?

This member has exactly the same issue - the first video. In this video, it starts at 50m/h, and this sound is similar to the jet engine.
Make this video louder, and you will hear this noise after 50m/h on the odometer.
This is my car on the video.

An update from me on this frustrating whining noise. We took the car at the dealership for the 5th time and they can hear the noise, however Mazda is deeming it as normal operation of the vehicle. A service technician previously confirmed that the noise is coming from the transmission.

I've recorded some videos recently and you can clearly hear the whining on acceleration and deceleration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86uCFf850Gc&ab_channel=flmiata

At this point we don't know what to do as the noise makes driving the car unbearable without music on at a certain volume level.

We just purchased a 2021 CX5 GT Turbo with only 21000Km and I have noticed an annoying high pitch whining noise when accelerating and deceleration. When we test drove it, I mentioned it to the salesman and he said it's probably the fan. Well, it's definitely not the fan. I'm taking it to the dealership to have them access the noise. Not sure if they will do anything, as it sounds like it's a noise that is common from what I've read. I wish I had tinnitus like my husband has. He can't hear the noise at all. I told him he can have the vehicle & I will go back to my Honda Civic turbo with no noise. I will post the results after the appointment in a few weeks from now.
Update from my appointment with the Mazda Dealer. They have diagnosed the problem and it is the transmission. They are going to replace it. We have bumper to bumper warranty for the next 5 years, good thing!!!!!!! We are now waiting for them to call us in for the service work.

Update from my appointment with the Mazda Dealer. They have diagnosed the problem and it is the transmission. They are going to replace it. We have bumper to bumper warranty for the next 5 years, good thing!!!!!!! We are now waiting for them to call us in for the service work.

I’m confused- the OP bought a new 23 cx5-T ? or a used 21 cx5-T ....? and the 21 is getting a new trans under warranty ...? and the 23 is still in limbo?

Back