2022 Mazda3 GT not getting Bose due to parts shortage…Need advice

Hi, I’m buying a 2022 mazda 3 gt model which comes with the Bose sound system in Australia. I’ve now been told it won’t be installed due to the shortage of parts and a back log of orders, they are going to install the basic sound system. I paying to have Bose system, should I get a discount or credit as the dealer hasn’t said anything about it. If I knew this was going to happen, I would of brought the Evolve model instead.

I would ask them if they could install the Bose system (assuming they will receive these units from Mazda) after they arrive.

If they will not, then yes you should definitely receive a refund for the difference in sound package cost.

hi thanks the mazda au web site shows 8 speakers instead of the 12 speakers now, but still shows the pictures of Bose sound system. If i can get it stalled down the track would be abit work to do. I told them i was happy to wait for it. The way things are around the world i'm luck to get anything. As they say you just have to ask. I have read that some people have trouble with the Bose sound system. i seen the UK have given credit because of it.

I am in the UK, I just ordered one yesterday and its showing "
  • AM / FM / DAB radio featuring 12-Speaker Bose surround sound system, with Bose CentrePoint, Bassmatch and AudioPilot technology."
There was no mention of supply issues.

i ordered my in january 2022 the 2.5 GT model and in march i was told i cant get it in that model, but it looks other mazda top models still advertise the Bose sound sytem. it might seam they are picking and chosing which models will get the system. the sale person didnt say anything about it, and mazda au was not giving out much information about it.

Hello @sinclair, what resolution did you end up coming to if you did come to one? Experiencing the same thing myself right now, and hoping I can get some sort of compensation.

HI, well nothing, no cerdit, no compensation as they say the car is more dealer now then when i placed me order in, in january. As fuel and rego has gone up, and the demand. If i wanted the Bose system i would have to upgrade to the next model and extra 4k and would have to wait longer or maybe put on a waiting list dont know. i just got my mazda 3 gt this week. the sound system is good, you here more from the front speakers the back door are small and one at the back which surpose to be bass i think. you get the stereo effect and you have settings to play with. But i feel like it needs the two speakers at the back and maybe the sub woofer in the boot. adjusting the speaker control to the back wont work and sounds weak. I like having the back speakers. the dealer gave me 20% discount on accessories, car matts dash for buying the car. I got a black interior and the speakers are all black and bleends in very nice as the Bose are silver. i hope this helps.

To be fair, 95+% of your sound is supposed to be in front of you. The rear speakers are there for ambience only.

Think about it: when you go to a concert, you don't sit with your back to the band, do you?

That said, if you specifically paid for X and it's in writing, but instead you got Y, not sure about your country, but here in America that's fraud, and if you weren't properly compensated, you could take them to court over it.

HI, yeah your right the sound comming from the front is good as you got one large speaker on the dash and two on the front door and sounds great. Just got to get use to it and if you hav it up too load you wont hear the peeping alarm hahah. Well yes it is fraud here in Australia too. I got this model for the leather seats and the bose sound system. its only when and if i sell it, people are going too ask but the car will out preform that. But they couldnt get the parts as they out source the components around the world which was holding up production. It would of been good if they furture proof it, so you can get it install later down the track. Its a big company i dont like my odds.

HI, yeah your right the sound comming from the front is good as you got one large speaker on the dash and two on the front door and sounds great. Just got to get use to it and if you hav it up too load you wont hear the peeping alarm hahah. Well yes it is fraud here in Australia too. I got this model for the leather seats and the bose sound system. its only when and if i sell it, people are going too ask but the car will out preform that. But they couldnt get the parts as they out source the components around the world which was holding up production. It would of been good if they furture proof it, so you can get it install later down the track. Its a big company i dont like my odds.
I'm currently in communication with Mazda Australia, they basically told me to talk to my dealer, which I told them I have already, so I'm basically running in cirlces, but I am going try and pursue it a little further with perhaps some mention of consumer laws, will update if anything happens.

Back