2022 CX-5?

So will the new CX-5's be made in Japan or Mexico?

My 2017 was made in Japan and the quality is top notch.

I wonder if the '22 CX5 will have a power bump, given the 'better' suspension and 'drive mode' options.

I doubt it. The 2.5 NA has been pretty much the same for years and the 2.5T might have seen a 10 lbs/ft torque bump a white back, but I doubt anybody could feel the difference.

Yeah, the Mazda site would list a power bump if there was one.

Still think they missed out on an opportunity to offer a higher priced, lifted off-road trim, like Toyota and Subaru do on their CUVs.

Earlier in the thread, someone posted that the HP ratings are higher in China for some reason, but the same for Gen 2 over its model years.

According to this guy Mazda will officially announce today a new CUV for the Alabama plant. Go to 15:45 of video. We will see if something gets announced.

"The new Mazda crossover is still unnamed at this time, but they will be announcing it October 6, 2021."

In some countries, people quote horsepower numbers in ps, not hp (SAE) as we do in US.

20211007094834.png
This was briefly on Mazda’s site with a broken link.

Nice find. I guess its the new Alabama product, new cx50 but not sure what will be the third one. Exciting anyway.

It is official now. These are coming over the next 2 years.

In November, Mazda will reveal the CX-50, the next crossover to join its lineup in the U.S. and Canada. The CX-50 will share its platform with Mazda's latest generation products, CX-30 and Mazda3, with enhanced all-wheel drive (AWD) capabilities and functionality for consumers with outdoor active lifestyles. The production of the CX-50 will begin in January 2022 at the new Mazda-Toyota joint venture factory—Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc. (MTMUS)—in Huntsville, Alabama.

Following CX-50, Mazda will introduce two additional mid-size crossover SUVs for the Canadian and U.S. markets from its all-new large platform: the CX-90 followed by the CX-70. These new models will feature Mazda's new longitudinal architecture and introduce turbo-charged straight-six gasoline engine models and plug-in hybrid models to give consumers various options providing powerful, yet environmentally responsible performance.

A major difference between the models will be passenger occupancy, with the CX-90 providing three rows of seats and the CX-70 offering two rows of seats. The proportions of both vehicles will be optimized for Canadian consumers with expanded interior cabin and cargo spaces.

While CX-50 and CX-70 will be all-new additions to Mazda's lineup in Canada, CX-90 will serve as Mazda's only three-row SUV offering, in place of the current generation CX-9. The design, features, pricing, and trim details of the CX-50, CX-70, and CX-90 will be announced closer to their on-sale dates.

It is official now. These are coming over the next 2 years.

Thats A LOT of information out there. I wasn t expecting that the CX50 to be the one produced in Alabama. Anyway, exciting times coming for Mazda next year.

Thats A LOT of information out there. I wasn t expecting that the CX50 to be the one produced in Alabama. Anyway, exciting times coming for Mazda next year.

So Mazda USA and CA is keeping the Cx-5 since its the best seller with highest output with the turbo 4 and my guess for the 2022 Signature being almost $41k msrp. Now 2022 cx-50 will have a base model with a twin turbo inline 6 starting at ~$43k. Any objections?

Thanks for sharing all this info. guys. I was skeptical at first but the rumoured information dump was true!

So Mazda USA and CA is keeping the Cx-5 since its the best seller with highest output with the turbo 4 and my guess for the 2022 Signature being almost $41k msrp. Now 2022 cx-50 will have a base model with a twin turbo inline 6 starting at ~$43k. Any objections?

It looks like the CX-50 is a new vehicle and will compliment the CX-5. And it is part of the small architecture platform - which suggest no inline 6.

The proportions of both vehicles will be optimized for Canadian consumers with expanded interior cabin and cargo spaces.
In other words, fat North Americans will getting their own models

Sounds like the inline 6 is for the large architecture.

"Following the CX-50, Mazda will introduce two additional Crossover SUVs built on an all-new larger platform: the three-row CX-90 and the CX-70. These models will feature Mazda’s new longitudinal architecture with new inline-six-cylinder and plug-in hybrid powertrains. This shared layout provides both vehicles Mazda’s next-level performance, handling, technology, and design."

Back