2021 Mazda CX-5 Signature Interior

All of that looks so incredibly well done and impressive. I really want one now lol. It looks so sleek and clean.

I still don't get the brown on black color scheme.

I have a CX-9 and it has the brown interior and honestly, I miss the old Aurburn. The brown seats are fine but the brown - black areas on the dash and door just do not work. The brown basically looks black.

We have a 19 Sig and that is one of very very few peeves I have w the car. Imho the leather just needs to be a shade or two lighter - it's so close to black it seems like a mistake. LOVE the car otherwise.

The 100th Anniversary Edition has a nice red interior but it's only available with Pearl White paint. I just love this combo but for those wanting a dark paint, it's just not available.

I'm very happy with the interior. To my eyes mine appears to be dark charcoal gray. I watched a YouTube review of the car and the speaker criticized the black plastic of the shift lever and control area saying it was easily scratched. I hadn't really noticed but upon inspection mine does look somewhat scratched up. My only question is what do you clean the seats and interior trim with since there are a variety of materials employed. Warm water and soap doesn't always cut it.

I'm very happy with the interior. To my eyes mine appears to be dark charcoal gray. I watched a YouTube review of the car and the speaker criticized the black plastic of the shift lever and control area saying it was easily scratched. I hadn't really noticed but upon inspection mine does look somewhat scratched up. My only question is what do you clean the seats and interior trim with since there are a variety of materials employed. Warm water and soap doesn't always cut it.
Can you take a picture of the speaker scratches?

We just picked up a 2021 GT Reserve and not a Signature for the reasons stated above. I felt the Signature interior, with the black headliner, was much too dark. Our GTR does have the black leather, but with the white headliner it seems much more open.

Can you take a picture of the speaker scratches?
Huh? The reference is that the speaker/narrator of the YouTube video took issue with the piano black trim around the shifter, which has been an issue due to the fact it scratches very easily for many owners since day one.

The brown seats really grew on me. I was on the fence up to the point of purchase. 1.5 years later, I don’t even think twice about it. I just smile while driving.

Last edited:
Huh? The reference is that the speaker/narrator of the YouTube video took issue with the piano black trim around the shifter, which has been an issue due to the fact it scratches very easily for many owners since day one.

The brown seats really grew on me. I was on the fence up to the point of purchase. 1.5 years later, I don’t even think twice about it. I just smile while driving.
I hope that would happen with me too, if I got the diesel. And just be be clear, I don't have anything against brown seats. It’s brown paired with black that I object to.

My bad, I think I mis-read what you typed the first time. My apologies.

Back