2021 CX-5 wheel fitment questions

I did check, it does not looks like there is an arrow. It just says outside. I will attach a photo. Let me know if you can see it
If you can see “Outside” wording on the sidewall, the tire is not directional even though the tread pattern is asymmetric. The installation is correct.

You’re in good hand with Discount Tire, although your invoice does say no exchange or return since your tires were special ordered. You can discuss the issue with your Discount Tire Store and see what they can do to resolve your concern. You can at least try to direct the issue towards “defect” and ask for warranty exchange from Michelin. IMO your issue is weird from the Michelin PS tires, and I believe a normal Michelin PS AS4 tires shouldn’t be handling seemly even worse than factory Toyo A36’s!

My Discount Tire Store had replaced a new set of Continental’s 2 times and gave me a 3rd set of different Michelin Pilot Sport I’d used before on my 2000 BMW 528i all because some highway road noise issue I wasn’t happy about it. That made me a life-time Discount Tire customer.
I will go talk to them Thursday and see what they say.

I'm still waiting for respon. I looked up someone said wider rim will help with this issue, is that true? Like 19x8.5? I really don't like to return them because I don't know what else I can put on. Those were the best on my VW.

Please help! I am not sure if it’s even safe to drive on.... the sidewall is so soft when I turn my steering all the way the edge of sidewall is touching the ground. I don’t wanna waste $1300 on those tire

LOL! Pinched tires will do that. You are on the narrowest rim allowed; 7.5" is recommended, 8.5 is the widest allowed. I would not recommend a wheel wider than 90% of the tread width (a recommendation from Dunlop for sports cars). Add some pressure, say 40 psi all around and try it.

The OEM wheels are 7" wide. I would personally not put wider tires on those wheels. I got 245/55-18 tires on 18x8 ET45 wheels and they do fit without any rubbing. No other issues, no spacers needed, no issue with the lane keep assist.
No rubbing at full lock correct?

Any chance you could snap some pics showing how far the wheel/tire is away from the wheel well and frame/suspension in full lock left and right?

I just want to make sure my 2019 cx5 sig would fit 235/60/18 on 18x8 +35 offset

Thanks!!!

I have a 2019 CX-5 Signature with stock 225/55/r19 and 19x7 +45 offset. I'm now looking at the following combo: Enkei TM-7 (storm grey) 18x8 +45 with Nitto Nomad Grappler 235/60r18 107V XL

In the past 48 hrs I've gone down the rabbit hole and have learned a lot about tire and wheel mechanics. I like how the cx5 handles presently, so I'd rather not deviate too much from stock specs. I understand that my speedo/odo meters will be inaccurate, and I'd probably have improved handling given wider tire/contact patch and stiffer side walls (V rating), but I don't want to mess with scrub radius, offset, spacers, etc.

From wheel-size.com and attached screenshots. I gave wide safety margin for clearances:
fender 32 mm
wheel well 25 mm
suspension 25 mm
Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 4.31.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 4.31.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 4.31.59 PM.png

TLDR:
Anyone with 2nd gen Cx-5 (stock suspension) running 235/60/r18 on 18x8 +45 offset combo?
How much clearance do you have from fender, wheel well and suspension?
Any issues with rubbing at full lock?

Thanks again, this community is great!

Last edited:
Back