2021 CX-5 Signature (US) - moving to next station on SiriusXM?

sugob

2024 CX-5 Signature (US)
New CX-5 owner [and to this forum]...Hi!

So far so good...but I found it amazingly painful to setup my favorites on SiriusXM - once defined it seems ok to select.

The root cause is moving to the required station seems to have to go through the menu that lists all station [always from 0] then scroll and select station [easy then to add by holding 'favorite' button].

When I have used Sirius on other manufacturers cars before, there is often some easy way to go up/down a station e.g. if on station 120 then will goto 121, but this only seems easy here if you have these on your favorites - I sometime just want to goto adjacent stations to see what's on.

I didn't get any quick start or Sirius manual with new car and wondered if I'm missing something blindingly obvious.

TIA
M

Solution
Thanks Buster1 - I eventually found the option you mentioned [on my '21 CX-5 SIG] and this screen is exactly what I wanted :) i.e. from it is is easy to go up/down one Sirius channel [station] at a time(y)
Haven't checked if can then click the 'favorite' button to add to that list

For benefit of others, to get to this menu then
1) Switch to listening to SiriusXM
2) Click command controller then rotate it to item 'Tuner Controls' item and click command again

2021-01-21 08.41.08.jpg

3) Can now rotate the command controller to select from several icons down the left, then click to select the action
e.g. the top left icon is go up one Sirius channel [each click], next icon is down one channel
2021-01-21 08.39.17.jpg

I still think when enter the 'Channel List'...
If you have the Sirius music displayed on the screen and scroll over to the arrows on the bottom buttons (the buttons for favorites, source, settings, etc), those back and forward arrows should go one channel at a time.

At least that’s how it works on my 2019. I’m slowly learning there are quite a bit of nuances with the new 2021 from the 2017-2020.

Upvote 0
Thanks Candurin,
I'll take a closer look, it was all new to me & I could get by using my arduous method of adding a few stations to my favorites [and can now switch quickly between these favorites]. On previous cars, I tended to only store a few key stations in favorites and accessed others by manually going up/down from there

The infotainment system in 2021 got a major software firmware upgrade so things maybe different - I'm still not sure if I get future updates [software always seems to need updating!] automatically or need to use 'Mazda Toolbox' app [similar for the maps of Mazda navigation]

Upvote 0
Just had another play in car [fiddling with command button (press, tilt & rotate) and the buttons on left of steering wheel] & didn't see a quick way to go up/down a Sirius channel (station) - the current Sirius channel playing is showing on the display :-( New system is not touch screen

Selecting from favorites is as simple as rotating the command button (lists your favorites) and clicking button to select - a possible implementation could be when push down command button and, while still pushed down, rotating would go up/down a channel number...maybe sometime this decade please Mazda! :)

FYI: From memory [uh-oh!], the non-quick method I use to go up one channel is click command button, rotate to 'Channel selection' and click [brings up channel list always starting from channel 0], big rotate to required channel then click - this seems more involved than I'd want to do when driving

Upvote 0
The ‘21 CX-9 infotainment you can do this in one of two ways.

Go into the Sirius menu a few items below Channel list. I think it’s called tuner or something, there is a small arrow next to it. Once in that menu, you can press the command button down to step thru each station while listening. One at a time.

The other sorta way to do it I found is that when on a music window and listening to one of your sources, just turn the command knob and your favorites in that source will appear, and you can select one. You mentioned that above.

Both methods are not intuitive I agree.

Upvote 0
Thanks Buster1 - I eventually found the option you mentioned [on my '21 CX-5 SIG] and this screen is exactly what I wanted :) i.e. from it is is easy to go up/down one Sirius channel [station] at a time(y)
Haven't checked if can then click the 'favorite' button to add to that list

For benefit of others, to get to this menu then
1) Switch to listening to SiriusXM
2) Click command controller then rotate it to item 'Tuner Controls' item and click command again

2021-01-21 08.41.08.jpg

3) Can now rotate the command controller to select from several icons down the left, then click to select the action
e.g. the top left icon is go up one Sirius channel [each click], next icon is down one channel
2021-01-21 08.39.17.jpg

I still think when enter the 'Channel List' menu it should scroll to show your current Sirius channel rather than always listing channels from 0, but above is close enough

Similarly if switch to other inputs, then the 'Tuner Controls' menu will give relevant icons e.g. on FM radio seems to have a scan stations function

Many thanks...it's so obvious when you know!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Back