2021 CX-5 phone mount for iOttie wireless charging holder

Brand new (3 days) CX-5 Signature owner here. Looking for suggestions for mounting my cell phone in the new ride. I've an iOttie wireless charging mount that I moved from the old car - it comes with a CD-slot mount, and an air vent mount. I've tried the air vent clip, but it doesn't hold very well. I know there are phone mounts available that clip onto the space between the two center vents of the car. Is there anything out there that I could clip onto this space between the vents, and then mount my iOttie cradle to it? My iOttie has a standard(?) ball on the back of it. That would be an ideal solution, if it exists... Thanks for any help!

All those mounts that clip in front of the hazard light button have a ball mount adapter, just unscrew the mount that comes with it and use yours if you so desire.

All those mounts that clip in front of the hazard light button have a ball mount adapter, just unscrew the mount that comes with it and use yours if you so desire.
Thanks for the suggestion, that would be ideal. But, unless I'm not seeing it, the mounts I've seen that clip onto the CX-5 don't seem to have the right kind of connection options.

As a follow-up, if anyone could use the info... I ordered a "Bwen Gravity-Clamping Car Air Vent Mount Holder Cradle" from Amazon. The mounting bracket snapped securely onto the dashboard. I used the included ball mount bead, with my original iOttie locking ring. The diameter of the bead seems to be a little smaller than my original, so I added two small pieces of electrical tape to the surface of the bead to allow for a tight fit. It works very well, and is just what I was looking for.

And now, darn_kyle's post reminded me to post another update in case it can help anyone. The mount that I'd posted about on 08-04-2021 failed. It survived maybe 4k miles, to mid-October, and that time included a road trip from Chicago to South Dakota and back, as well as normal around home driving. The failure point was where the stem of the ball met the plate that slides into the dashboard bracket. Apparently the repeated vibration & motion of the weight of my iOttie charger / Samsung S21 Ultra / Otterbox case was too much for that plastic piece. So, I replaced it with this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I used just the mounting bracket, with my iOttie charger. This one needed a few strips of electrical tape between the bracket and the dash to keep it from squeaking while driving. It's been working great for about 6k miles so far, which has included a trip from Chicago to Boston and back.

Now own a 2017 CX 5 GT, will be renting a 2021 or 22 in June. Is the phone charging the same in the newer model? Thank you jz.

Back