2020 CX-9 aftermarket remote start questions

:
2020 CX-9 GT
We just purchased a 2020 GT and was looking for anyone had a remote start installed in a 2020. If so, what brand starter did you install and were there any issues with the functionality (remote start or other vehicle systems)? Looks like many remote start manufacturers have not caught up with the 2020 yet and I don’t want to risk installing one for the 2019 model year in case there were changes with the 2020.

I am new to the forum, and also just purchased a brand new cx9, though I am sure someone more experienced will chime in soon to help you, but I was looking into this matter also. There is a thread regarding this and the Fortin brand module that’s used to make your oem fob have the remote start. I am in the process of investing in this w the install, but just confirming it will not ruin the warranty.

I can’t confirm if there was change for 2020 so can’t comment on that. As far as warranty, any dealer could try to use the remote starter as an excuse not to do warranty work, but with the fortin evo one unless you do the optional side marker install there are no permanent mods made to the vehicle, you could easily remove the fortin remote start and the dealer would never know it was there.

The Fortin website shows it supports the 2020 but none of the documentation shows the 2020 model year. I am going to contact them to verify the evo one will work on the 2020.

Hhova29, did you get a remote start installed? If so, which one did you go with?

The Fortin website shows it supports the 2020 but none of the documentation shows the 2020 model year. I am going to contact them to verify the evo one will work on the 2020.

Hhova29, did you get a remote start installed? If so, which one did you go with?

hi, not yet consequently but I have an appointment for 2/15 for the remote start using the oem fob install. They said they can use fortin but quoted me less than the dealer who was charging $485 for remote start!

..... just confirming it will not ruin the warranty.
An aftermarket remote start will not (and can not) effect your warranty. If a dealer tries to tell you otherwise, tell them that your lawyer disagrees and that will shut them up.

An aftermarket remote start will not (and can not) effect your warranty. If a dealer tries to tell you otherwise, tell them that your lawyer disagrees and that will shut them up.

thanks very much. Def not going to the dealer to have this installed. Plan on having a module like the fortin or in fact the actual fort in model by the shop using my factory remotes to start the cx9. Having thefront windows tinted tomorrow to match the rest. Hope all goes Well.

Just installed a Fortin EVO-ONE-MAZ3 on a 2020 Sig, hardest part was opening the steering column. Very simple plug and play, but it does require a windows computer for programming.

I added a viper ds4 pro and viper smart start system usuing oem fobs to my 2020.
Is this with the OEM smart remote with buttons on the side edge of fob? If so, original fob works ok? Once started, do you have to stop the engine before unlocking the doors?

Hey guys, if I can chime in, I also had the Fortin Evo-One installed about 3months ago.
I’m lucky enough to live just outside of Montreal so I actually had Fortin install it themselves. It cost me about $325 installed with taxes. It works really well with the original remote and the range is quite good. I haven’t measured the distance exactly but I would estimate it could reach 100 feet. It’s not a very long range but it suits my purposes.

I had them program it so that I have to push LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK to start it instead of LOCK-LOCK-LOCK, this way it won’t honk the horn. You can unlock the doors and enter without it shutting off. All you do when ready to leave is get in and push the start button without pressing on the brake pedal. It flashes an orange light and then you’re good to go.
I strongly recommend it!

Back