2020 CX-5 remote start & control

I filled out the "Build a system" section on Compustar's website.

They recommend just two pieces of hardware: Universal Remote Start System (FT-7200S-CONT) and DroneMobile LTE.

Has anyone simply bought these parts online and installed them yourself?

Plenty of people have done it for 2018, 2019, 2020 -- You will want a t-harness to make your job easier.

Related conversations...

I filled out the "Build a system" section on Compustar's website.

They recommend just two pieces of hardware: Universal Remote Start System (FT-7200S-CONT) and DroneMobile LTE.
I just ordered the Compustar CS4905S-KIT from Best Buy on Sunday. They had it for $249.99 installed (includes the t-harness and a ball bearing tilt switch???). I plan on adding the DroneMobile when I go in for the install in September (currently $199).

I originally had planned on buying and installing myself, but to program the system to your ECU requires a Windows laptop. The only one of those we have at my place is my work one, and they won't let me install anything on it unless it's approved by corporate. For the price above, though, it was a no brainer.

If you want to land a deal on it, do what I did: install a browser add-on that offers deals and coupons (I use "Honey"). I told it to notify me when the price of the remote starter dropped and woke up Sunday morning to a nice surprise.

I just ordered the Compustar CS4905S-KIT from Best Buy on Sunday. They had it for $249.99 installed (includes the t-harness and a ball bearing tilt switch???). I plan on adding the DroneMobile when I go in for the install in September (currently $199).

I originally had planned on buying and installing myself, but to program the system to your ECU requires a Windows laptop. The only one of those we have at my place is my work one, and they won't let me install anything on it unless it's approved by corporate. For the price above, though, it was a no brainer.

If you want to land a deal on it, do what I did: install a browser add-on that offers deals and coupons (I use "Honey"). I told it to notify me when the price of the remote starter dropped and woke up Sunday morning to a nice surprise.

That was a great deal. This seems like the way to go, thanks for the info.

I was a bit puzzled not to find an anecdote of an end-to-end self-install, but guess that makes sense given the complexity.

Back