2020 CX-5 Low oil light

:
Colorado
:
2020 Machine Gray
I have 18,300 miles on my 2020 CX-5. My low oil light came on. It is due for an oil change at 18.800 miles. I see no oil under my car. My son-in-law checked and yes, the oil was below the bottom dot on the dip stick. He added 1 qt. oil. Then it was actually above the top dot on the dip stick. Has anyone else had this happen?Thanks for your feedback!!
Sherry

When was the last oil change and did you check the level after the change?
Where was the change done?

When was the last oil change and did you check the level after the change?
Where was the change done?
Last oil change was 15,813 ( in May 23). No, I did not check the level after, but I will now. A location called Bending Wrenches.

From now on, you had better start checking the work done wherever you have your car serviced. Trust, yet verify.

Why are you having the oil changed every 3k miles? That's way overkill. Min should be every 5k miles, perhaps as high as 7.5k miles.

It might be the oil burning issue on the turbos. Take it to the dealer now while it's still under warranty

It might be the oil burning issue on the turbos. Take it to the dealer now while it's still under warranty
It is over 3 yrs. old so I believe it is out of warranty. I didn’t know there was an oil burning issue with the turbos.

screenshot-2023-03-23-at-12-19-24-pm-png.318040
2020 CX-5 not listed for that one

Back