2019 CX-9 Backup Camera Not working

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Touring Premium Snowflake White Pearl Mica
Ok so not sure if anyone experienced this yet but coming home tonight the backup camera stopped working. It was working this morning and just suddenly quit working. It's raining hard tonight and not sure if water gor inside the camera or something. I can only see the warning showing watch the surrounding feature but no camera. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Reactions: x44
Try a reboot of the system first. Its a long shot but might work. If not then bring it to the dealer.

To rebootyour system, you'll need to press the button combination back + nav + mute. This will reboot your system and can solve various problems like a finicky USB connection, spotty Bluetooth connectivity, and a choppy or frozen system

Just an update...ok this is weird but the camera this morning started working again. I'm not sure what happen but started the car this morning and tested the backup camera and it's working fine.

Thank you guys for replying and sharing some tricks and fixes.

On few occasions , my back camera does not work when i take it out of garage and I doing things in quick succession - starting the car and putting in reverse without system completely booting up. So then I go back to Park mode and then shift back to reverse to get the camera activated on the screen. But my older BMW never had problem as the boot up is very quick and reverse camera comes up everytime. CX-9's problem is slow "brain" behind the infotainment system - mazda cheaped out here knowing all important things are connected to this "brain".

On few occasions , my back camera does not work when i take it out of garage and I doing things in quick succession - starting the car and putting in reverse without system completely booting up. So then I go back to Park mode and then shift back to reverse to get the camera activated on the screen. But my older BMW never had problem as the boot up is very quick and reverse camera comes up everytime. CX-9's problem is slow "brain" behind the infotainment system - mazda cheaped out here knowing all important things are connected to this "brain".
Thank you for the tips! I've read online that the design is quite poor specially the location of it. When it's raining the puddle drips blocks the camera view and filled it with water driplets.

I experienced the same camera issue with my 2019 CX9 today and it was sunny. The camera stopped working and came back again after an hour or so. I guess... Slow brain. I will take it to the dealer if it happens again.

My 2019 CX-9 back up camera is acting up like that today. I tried everything I've red here. I guess i need to bring it to the dealer on Monday.

My 2017 GT seems to be doing this. I started the car and threw it into reverse. I was done backing up before it finished booting. When I got to park after my drive I noticed the reverse camera wasn't working. I turned the car of and on, still not working. I'll try a reboot of the system if this continues.

Could this be a software version issue? I'm running version 59 I think, could a newer version solve this?

Doesn't hurt to get the dealer to update your car's firmware if you aren't comfortable doing so... latest is 70.00.367 and it doesn't matter if you have Apple Carplay/Android Auto installed or not

I had this problem in the first year of ownership.
Dealer updated the firmware, and the problem went away.
I'd go to the dealer and ask them for the update. As long as you specify a problem, they should do it for free.

Try a reboot of the system first. Its a long shot but might work. If not then bring it to the dealer.

To rebootyour system, you'll need to press the button combination back + nav + mute. This will reboot your system and can solve various problems like a finicky USB connection, spotty Bluetooth connectivity, and a choppy or frozen system
Thank you. This worked for me

Back