2019 CX-5 North American powertrain option (poll)

2019 Powertrains

• 2.5T gas from the CX-9 and 6

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • 2.2TT diesel

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • BOTH!

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Neither- underdeliverance is Mazda's middle name

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Back in the day, the CX-5 initally came with the 2.0L. Then Earthicans complained so Mazda released the 2.5L

(iagree) with Monterra, which ever 2.0L is out there (updated Miata, SkyActiv-X), I believe it won't be enough for the CX-5.

Still get a bare bones, FWD 2.0L (with a manual!) CX5 here in Canada. (unamused) I honestly don't comprehend this thinking by manufacturers. It's pretty much only enthusiasts who buy manuals these days.

Do enthusiasts sound like people who want bare bones/no options/least powerful motor/no AWD vehicles? (bang)

I could see the 2.0L 'X' motor eventually as the stock motor in the CX5 (basically the same power as current 2.5L) and then a 2.5 'X' as the upgraded gas motor.

What I'm looking out for in 3 years time:

-CX-5 with 2.5L Turbo
-New Rav-4
-New Chevy Blazer

Doubtful they go from 1 to 3 engine options. I feel like the USA doesnt care about diesel.

Same engine and then turbo for top two trims.

Well diesel fuel figures have been released there. So seems it is coming.

2.5T apparently is being added in the next update (2019).

If you compare our Mazda 6 - we get all 3 engines here now

Well diesel fuel figures have been released there. So seems it is coming.

2.5T apparently is being added in the next update (2019).

If you compare our Mazda 6 - we get all 3 engines here now

We aren*t denying it isn*t coming, finally, it will just be a dud when it gets here...Time will tell and we shall see, obviously...

I probably will keep my 2014 CX5 until Mazda decides to offer me the vehicle with the Mazda 6 turbo motor. If my CX5 dies then I will look at an RDX with an I4T

I probably will keep my 2014 CX5 until Mazda decides to offer me the vehicle with the Mazda 6 turbo motor. If my CX5 dies then I will look at an RDX with an I4T

Possibly early next year (2.5T CX-5)

The Answer is in 2020 when Mazda EV with Rotary comes to play ...
Single motor up front for FWD with battery in the middle floor pan
and rotary range extender toward the back.

Mazda CX-E ... because CrossOver EV

Don't think EV version will arrive until all new next generation - circa after 2020.

The Answer is in 2020 when Mazda EV with Rotary comes to play ...
Single motor up front for FWD with battery in the middle floor pan
and rotary range extender toward the back.

Mazda CX-E ... because CrossOver EV

And the rav4 hybrid will still be a stronger choice and arrives early 2019. Thernal efficiency of its combustion motor is 41%. No way mazdas mini oilburner will come close. If it arrives at all.

Back