2019 CX-5 Non-turbo: Source for Mazda oil and filters other than dealer?

Guess that says it: Our Spokane dealer just raised LOF service from about $70 to $90. Time to go elsewhere. Am thinking of using genuine Mazda oil filters, - any tips for sources or am I stuck with dealer??? Same question for motor oil. Search didn't bring up what I was looking for. Thanks, Dennis

oil filter is 1wpe14302, oil plug gasket is 995641400
search o the internet and buy it. usually around 8-9$. The rest is oil per your preference - 0w 20 full syn

Thank you. Called my Mazda dealer this afternoon....figured I'd get one more LOF from them. Now the $70 service is $90. I guess I'm now done with the dealer. Foothills Mazda, Spokane, WA

In my area its the same price increase for ful syn oil. oem oil price also went up a bit past few months. So from 70 to 90 that accounts for the inflation. Not much you can do and if 20$ is a lot may be look for non Mazda shops for oil change (get oem oil filtrr) or even change oil yourself if you have the place/skills.

I recently purchased a case of Mazda oil and two Mazda filters from Shop Genuine Mazda Parts & Accessories | Mazda Parts Connect

0000-G5-0W20-MQGf 5 0W20 W Moly 12 @ $96.00
1WPE-14-302 Oil Filter 2 @ $12.54

Both my CX-5 and MX-5 use the same oil and filter.

I shopped around a bit and that was the best price for those items along with shipping of $35. The shipping cost is a bit high but they're all like that.

What does LOF mean?

Thank you all. Oh. LOF is an old, common way of saying, "lube, oil, filter." Began back when most rigs still had a lot of zerk grease fittings to, "lubed," with a grease gun.

Bought these filters…

Mazda 3, 6, CX-5 & CX-3 New OEM Skyactiv Value Line 6 Oil Filters PE01-14-302AMV w/Drain Plug Gaskets https://a.co/d/fvclsIl
I'd never use an MV oil filter. No, I'm not aware of any definite issues or reports of failure using it. It's simply the idea that the MV filter is, for whatever reason(s), of a lesser quality than the other one, and I'd never want anything but the best oil filer that's available. Cabin filer - sure, I'll cheap out on that one every time.

I'd never use an MV oil filter. No, I'm not aware of any definite issues or reports of failure using it. It's simply the idea that the MV filter is, for whatever reason(s), of a lesser quality than the other one, and I'd never want anything but the best oil filer that's available. Cabin filer - sure, I'll cheap out on that one every time.
Wasn’t aware that the filters I bought were inferior. What’s the issue with them?

I went by what I saw in this thread (post 3, second pic).

Wasn’t aware that the filters I bought were inferior. What’s the issue with them?
I didn't say MV filters are inferior, and did mention I'm not aware of any issues posted by anyone using them.

It comes down to nothing other than this. Mazda is selling 2 oil filters, one described as 'value' and selling for less $$. In that scenario, I'm always automatically going to buy the more expensive filter. So that's just me, and you're most likely going to be fine using those MV filters.

Interesting that one of our members wants the very best oil filter for his engine but, will settled for lessor cabin filters to protect his lungs. Strange.

I went by what I saw in this thread (post 3, second pic).

The MV stands for Mexico (as in made in) and the V stands for Value. Typically, a 'value line' of products is called Value for a reason. We don't know exactly what that reason is, but they are cheaper for a reason.

Interesting that one of our members wants the very best oil filter for his engine but, will settled for lessor cabin filters to protect his lungs. Strange.

Seriously? Do you honestly think that the cabin filter in your car is there to protect your lungs? The filter is there for one reason, to protect the car's ventilation system. Keeping dust and whatnot out of the ductwork and fan. A car is not a closed system, and it certainly is not airtight.

As soon as you open the door or window, what happens? As soon as you open the door and step out of the car, what happens?

i was skeptical on the mv cabin filter as well but by mistake I got it once. It is actually ok filter for the job and the ac fan is not restricted. Change it annually in my case and been happy camper since.

Good thread; thanks to all. Here's my position: Our 2019 CX-5 has yet to hit 30,000 miles. We have other cars to drive, so it's use is for longer trips, etc. We are retired so that helps, (except financially!!!!) I expect to drop my dealer for service work, and he's a 160 mile round trip anyhow. (Although I do other errands when in the, "city.") I plan to do the same thing with our Mazda as I've done for years with our 2 older 240 Volvos - I buy genuine Volvo/Mann filters by the case from a reliable Volvo source. Have for years. I just want to do the same thing to get genuine Mazda filters. Tomorrow, I'm getting the dealer to do oil/filter change as I've found a coupon and I've things to do in Spokane. I'll ask their parts dept. for a price on filters. That 'oughta be a good one! I can't image they'd be affordable there. Next, I have to find a big dealership somewhere that sells by the case at a fair price. Or......some plan that works. Those are the real bottom line answers I'm , "shopping," for.

Good thread; thanks to all. Here's my position: Our 2019 CX-5 has yet to hit 30,000 miles. We have other cars to drive, so it's use is for longer trips, etc. We are retired so that helps, (except financially!!!!) I expect to drop my dealer for service work, and he's a 160 mile round trip anyhow. (Although I do other errands when in the, "city.") I plan to do the same thing with our Mazda as I've done for years with our 2 older 240 Volvos - I buy genuine Volvo/Mann filters by the case from a reliable Volvo source. Have for years. I just want to do the same thing to get genuine Mazda filters. Tomorrow, I'm getting the dealer to do oil/filter change as I've found a coupon and I've things to do in Spokane. I'll ask their parts dept. for a price on filters. That 'oughta be a good one! I can't image they'd be affordable there. Next, I have to find a big dealership somewhere that sells by the case at a fair price. Or......some plan that works. Those are the real bottom line answers I'm , "shopping," for.

If you can find a cheaper online source for OEM filters, you can see if the dealership is willing to price-match the online price. Typically, the unit price is cheaper online, but shipping charges can increase the total price. If you can get the dealership to price-match the online unit price, you can save a fair bit of change. Maybe try mazdaparts.org (Med Center Mazda)?

Latest posts

Back