2019 CX-5 GTR - Navigation System/App evaporated

Karel

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
The navigation app quit working. When my wife started the car today, the massage on the screen was Your Mazda is not equipped with a navigation system. And then The navigation system is an accessory and can be obtained at Mazda dealer. The nav app worked ok until this morning.

We had not made any changes to the setting or the system.

Is there a reset of the navy system without going to the dealer?

Unplug the SD card, clean it, put it back, restart the vehicle.
If it still does not work, back to dealer.... It happened to mine once.

What ceric said ... I*ve had that happen with the identical system in my former *17 and in my Miata.
Removing the SD card, cleaning the contacts, and reinserting the card did the trick both times.

as other said, its the SD card not fully readable. try the "clean, reseat fix"or go to the dealer.

Does Navigation chip lock to VIN of car after its travelled/been installed in the car for 62 miles (100 km) OR does it just VIN lock automatically if inserted in the slot if the car has more than 62 miles? I*ve had one in my car for ~20 miles, but I already have 140 miles on the car. I*m wondering if I can install it in another car or if I am screwed and this permanently married to my current car? Does anyone know how to check if a card is VIN locked?

Yes they VIN lock after some number of miles

The mazda toolbox app for updating the card will tell you if it is vin locked.

Back