• Stock Bose subwoofer is adequate

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

acidbug

ZoomZoom CX-5
Contributor
:
‘19 CX-5 GTR Tu
To those who have already upgraded to the JBL Stadium bass pro I’m in need of some assistance.

I own a 2019 Mazda CX 5 GTR. The Bose Base speaker from stock woofer is weak. I’m happy with rest of speakers.

I’m willing to write a sticky with video.

I read many threads and believe we need step by step/sticky. I have the cameras.

JBL BassHub Pro

Powered 11" subwoofer enclosure with 200-watt amp — mounts to hub of spare tire

* Also need wire kit for the built in amp.*Also, the OEME screw down is not good enough.

* Also, how to get the connections from the OEM wiring for factory sub to integrate to the new JBL sub.

Anyone in the Central New Jersey area that have done it & could assist would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance,
C

Some info from another thread:

Good news, JBL hub fits with half inch of space between the cover. Bad news, screw rod needs to be cut an inch. No biggie, an easy fix. Can't wait to get this baby installed

If you have a 17 up with bose, you would need to connect/t-in something that will take the low level, unprocessed signal from the TAU before it gets to the amp. Otherwise if you grab the amped wire for the sub, it will be a modified signal that won't sound good with anything else as it was tuned just for the Bose woofer.... It can't produce really low frequencies and Bose made sure that it wouldn't see them... I am just glad you tied in at the amp instead of the connector at the sub.... You would have been very dissaponted.

So you have the bolt screwed all the way in/bottomed out, yet it isn't making contact with the new sub?

If so, then I would NOT cut the bolt.
Just go to the hardware store and buy a large washer and rubber grommet(s). Slide the grommets over the bolt, then the washer. This will preserve the bolt, secure the sub, and the rubber grommets will help minimize vibrations.

Basspro hub install manual

Attachments

• Basspro Hub Install 15.pdf
    902.9 KB · Views: 282
Some additional info regarding wiring in plug and play.

Attachments

• JBL BASSPRO Hub wiring.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Phil J Y​

Ps - to some degree there will be some bass roll off even wiring in before Bose amp ( cuts around 45hz approx from head unit) I am afraid the only way around this is either use a DSP or drastically change head unit !!) I opted to fit an Helix DSP and set up via their software supplied. Just depends how low you want your bass - 30 - 35hz this probably the options available - there are loads of discussions on the forums per the use of DSP,s and there is also a video review of the Helix DSP on YouTube

PDF step by step write up I was sent by a member of the forum.

Attachments

• Basspro Hub Install 16.pdf
    902.9 KB · Views: 231
The amp on my ‘19 CX-5 Bose system, the amp is located under the passenger seat. Have to remove the seat. 4 bolts holding down the rail system for the seat.
Then there is a cover to the amp…be sure to pull correctly as I bike 2 tabs (repaired with super Glue).

I believe the amp harness closest to the rear of the car is where the connection is for shares usage with the sub. Need to splice into or order plu and play harness. I’m looking into it and see if it’s cheap enough and still being made.

Someone mentioned the 65 Bose subwoofer amp is located in the trunk. I was unable to locate it.

Attachments

• 9B0EB7A8-04AF-416A-8B30-E24074E56D97.jpeg
    9B0EB7A8-04AF-416A-8B30-E24074E56D97.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 2FE6A59C-00A3-4C3A-95B9-90ED32B5177E.jpeg
    2FE6A59C-00A3-4C3A-95B9-90ED32B5177E.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 188
  • 1564B5DB-5333-4019-9379-EC12E176319A.jpeg
    1564B5DB-5333-4019-9379-EC12E176319A.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 9924F023-88CE-4CED-ACA5-BACB9551D034.jpeg
    9924F023-88CE-4CED-ACA5-BACB9551D034.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 167

Phil J Y​

I plan on using AudioControl LC2i for 2 channels to clean up the signal. So I can get those low base frequency the system cannot accomplish (due to programming) & the small speaker in the OEM sub.

Plan on using the dials on the LC2i to base line and then fine tune adjustment from the Jbl sub to lower/increase the base depending on the song I listen to.

Anyone in the NY/NJ that can help me. PiZza and beers on me!

So I've re-thought the creation of a simple connector to tap into the preamp signal going into the Bose Amp under the passenger seat.

I picked up the Scosche NN04B connector kit. But, it seems like a bit of overkill and a rats nest to deal with, just to be able to return the vehicle to stock someday

I also don't want to cut, twist, solder, and heatshrink the factory or scosche wires. Besides being a pain in the ass, I know the finished product won't be up to my cleanliness and simplistic standard.

So, today I just found out about Wago connectors. (yes a bit late in my discovery, as they've been around for a while)

1658465193315.png

They're certified for home and automotive use, and seem to be an excellent way to cleanly and effectively tap into the preamp signal. Also, there is very little resistance difference between connection styles according to this video.

So, cut the factory preamp wires and splice into the 3 wire version, input and 2 outputs, simply with 8 connectors for the 4 channels (or 4 connectors for 2 channels).

Can anyone confirm the diagram for connector 0920-515A from the Mazda 6 in-depth research is correct?

1658465214534.png

Simplified (specifically top box connector 0920-515A):
1658465914767.png

Last edited:
Back