2018 cx-5 multi info display not showing compass view

krnxham

:
cx-5
Does anyone know if they got rid of the compass/car view on the multi info display for the 2018 model? All I see now is that in one of the views it shows how many miles I have left, and just shows a single letter 'N', 'S', 'W', or 'E'. I remember seeing the whole car/compass when I test drove the 17'.

On my 2016.5, if you want to show the onscreen compass, you had to EJECT the NAV card.

2018 GS here. No nav card. No compass. It was likely dropped in a firmware update. I don't think it's model / year specific.

Does anyone know if they got rid of the compass/car view on the multi info display for the 2018 model? All I see now is that in one of the views it shows how many miles I have left, and just shows a single letter 'N', 'S', 'W', or 'E'. I remember seeing the whole car/compass when I test drove the 17'.

You're talking about the display in the right pod when you punch the info button, right? Is it displaying the correct letter for your heading? Is it just the graphics that have changed, or functionality as well?

If I recall, my compass is really slow to respond, and only reads the 8 primary directions. I never use it cause I was so unimpressed. Nav is way more useful to me.

Correct, the right pod display when hitting the info button. It is displaying the correct letter, just missing the whole car graphics.

I wonder why they removed some of the information. I believe the 'miles left till empty' is gone as well from each of the screens.

Back