New CX-5 Pre Test Drive Question

This car has been at the top of my next-car list for quite a while and I might pull the trigger later this year. I'd be looking at a Turbo Signature but looking at the local inventory it looks like right now my dealer could at most give me a Carbon edition for a test drive. I mainly want to get a feel for how the turbo drives and compare things like low end torque to my current Outback 3.6R, so the trim level shouldn't matter for that. But other than all the missing tech features, are there any other differences where I should really check out a Signature model? For example, are there notable differences in the interior trim materials, etc?

FWIW, there is another dealer in the area that shows a couple of Signatures in stock, but it's an ugly cross-town drive to get there. Or am I better off waiting for the closer place to get one?

Oddly, we had a CX-5 as a rental car in Anchorage, AK in 2022. I remember intentionally selecting it but have no particular memories of driving it. That's probably a good thing since I'm more likely to remember bad rental cars such as the POS Jeep Compass that we had last month in Arizona! 🙄

Yup, the drive is the same. I've owned a Signature and I'm in a Turbo Premium now. The brown nappa leather and wood trim in the Signature definitely elevates the atmosphere of the cabin compared to the lower trims. The extra tech features are nice if those things matter to you.

Upvote 0
Back