2017 - Front Rotor and Brake Pads Replacement

:
'17, Mazda 6 GT
Its time to change my OEM front rotor and pads, for my 2017 Mazda 6 with about 82K kms (Canadian spec). Do you guys have any combo suggestions? I would like rotors to be coated and brake pads to feel somehow linear, similar to my OEM ones.

Thanks

This is good time to upgrade. Coated rotors aren't too much better than uncoated...they both rust, based on my experience, coated just take a little longer to rust.

Get painted rotors that are also slotted/grooved. Do not get drilled rotors. Many different options out there depending on your budget.

As far as pads, I've always used OEM, or Napa Adaptive One ceramics which worked great on previous vehicles, no noise, quick stops. However am looking at trying/using the EBC red or EBC yellow stuff on the Mazda. They're supposed to be really good.
If not then will just switch back to Napa Adaptive ones.

Last edited:
This is good time to upgrade. Coated rotors aren't too much better than uncoated...they both rust, based on my experience, coated just take a little longer to rust.

Get painted rotors that are also slotted/grooved. Do not get drilled rotors. Many different options out there depending on your budget.

As far as pads, I've always used OEM, or Napa Adaptive One ceramics which worked great on previous vehicles, no noise, quick stops. However am looking at trying/using the EBC red or EBC yellow stuff on the Mazda. They're supposed to be really good.
Thanks for the input! Will go probably for a combo ebc slotted rotors and the red pads or oem pads. Do they come in other color other than yellow/red/green?

With that low of miles, it's quite possible that your OEM rotors are still fine with an inexpensive turn. Many auto parts stores do this for not a lot of money.

As far as pads go, I happen to be a fan of the OEM ones. I've tried different parts store brands, and never had much luck with them. Anymore, the only time I'll use parts store brake parts is on a beater that I couldn't care less about.

Thanks for the input! Will go probably for a combo ebc slotted rotors and the red pads or oem pads. Do they come in other color other than yellow/red/green?
No the color is based on the type pad... Green stuff -semi-metallic, red stuff - ceramic low dust, yellow stuff- aramid fiber high dust great stop power...
Yellow will work the best but are dirty... Reds are ceramic low noise low dust.
Want the yellows but unless I can keep the rims washed, will probably do red stuff

Last edited:
I know however my issue is with the colours itself. I don't want any coloured pads on my Mazda :)

EBC Redstuff have the lowest dust, but need a little warmth to be at their best for city driving.

Attachments

• 953E69F4-DCE5-44C1-BA58-73A177EFDC9A.png
    953E69F4-DCE5-44C1-BA58-73A177EFDC9A.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 107
  • E797C9E7-6625-44EF-BE51-EFDB1B793B42.png
    E797C9E7-6625-44EF-BE51-EFDB1B793B42.png
    63 KB · Views: 108
  • 00B51D90-04F3-45A3-BDD8-5C32AE48FF9E.png
    00B51D90-04F3-45A3-BDD8-5C32AE48FF9E.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 121
Back