2017+ CX-5 front and rear bumper trim

Personally i like the rear better then the front. The front worries me as something even lower to catch on a parking stop or steep drive way transition.

It doesn't hang down low enough to catch on anything, unless the curb is really tall!

Loincash
Are your chrome exhaust tips standard or have you put extensions on?
Ive been looking at my white GT and in your photo, they seem larger.

Sorry guys to to put water over the fire but: I have a 2016 and bought almost identical ones off eBay. Actually, the ones I bought were really tough plastic, pretty thick, etc. Again - no drilling, etc. required. Looked identical, also painted.

Issue - after an year, yanked them off. The front and back suffered from so much stone chip, dents, paint peel, scratches, etc. made the entire front/back ugly like hell. Looked awesome when new and agree with poster - gave a more complete feeling but not worth it, on the long run.

I chanced upon a similar setup at my dealership (someone's car) but looked much better. I quickly bent down and checked and loo and behold his were stainless steel / aluminium. Returned home and checked eBay. Sure enough but at a hefty price point metal ones are available and called skid plates (I think). Those - definitely are worth it.

Just got it put on today, ended up just going to a local shop to get it installed. Overall I like how it looks on white, especially from far away, it just makes the front and rear look a bit more complete in a sense.

37300808000_e8efd5f976_b.jpg

36848581554_ac68c33a15_b.jpg

Looks good!! Would like to get them for mine (white as well) but as others have said theyre a bit pricey at least for now. Yet another one of those thing I wish I wouldve just gotten when I bought the car...

I wish I had gotten it when I first got the car too, might have gotten a better deal on the accessories lol Can't complain tho, I like the look and I like that it's OEM. I think I like the front piece the most, makes it kinda more aggressive lol

Here's another angle of the front, so far I've only seen one other CX-5 recently with the front and rear bumper trim.

25542073357_2a432550a5_b.jpg

I wish I had gotten it when I first got the car too, might have gotten a better deal on the accessories lol Can't complain tho, I like the look and I like that it's OEM. I think I like the front piece the most, makes it kinda more aggressive lol

Here's another angle of the front, so far I've only seen one other CX-5 recently with the front and rear bumper trim.
I'm sorry, but these really detract from the looks of the CX-5.

They are bulky, mismatched plastic bits that do not flow at all with the design of the car.
The satin silver color is out of place, as there is nothing else on the car in that color.

They look like generic stick-on accessories you would buy for $10 at the local auto parts store.
I can't fathom spending $500-$700 on these things.

It actually makes the CX-5 look MORE like the ugly Honda CR-V.

I'm sorry, but these really detract from the looks of the CX-5.

They are bulky, mismatched plastic bits that do not flow at all with the design of the car.
The satin silver color is out of place, as there is nothing else on the car in that color.

They look like generic stick-on accessories you would buy for $10 at the local auto parts store.
I can't fathom spending $500-$700 on these things.

It actually makes the CX-5 look MORE like the ugly Honda CR-V.

No worries, that's why they made it an option for folks who likes them. I like them and glad I got it, doesn't look bulky at all o_O Sure I wish it was cheaper tho lol

this looks great,
love the add on trim, definitely makes it more complete and adds to the design.

No worries, that's why they made it an option for folks who likes them. I like them and glad I got it, doesn't look bulky at all o_O Sure I wish it was cheaper tho lol

I had mine painted black when my front bumper was replaced, along with painting the chrome grill black.

20180916_150500.jpg

Most, if not all of these pieces, are made in China. If you purchase them from a Chinese vendor, they can be had for as little as just a bit over $100 and I am talking about Stainless Steel only.

I have been researching them for quite a while and can't decide. I do like the way they look but it seems as though half of the SUVs I see on the road have their own OEM pieces on the rear. They just aren't very unique anymore.

Just got it put on today, ended up just going to a local shop to get it installed. Overall I like how it looks on white, especially from far away, it just makes the front and rear look a bit more complete in a sense.

37300808000_e8efd5f976_b.jpg

36848581554_ac68c33a15_b.jpg
Wow I am planning to have those two bumper trims but the rear will have the cutout for the oem hitch.

A few questions @lowincash:

Also for the black Cali plates how much is it now? I know initially its like $50 + $40 annually + the registration?

Do the black plate have any dings, chips, etc…From the rocks and debris in the front?

How many years have you had the plates and can you provide a photo of how it looks currently?

Thanks

25542073357_2a432550a5_b.jpg
@lowincash Do you have a photo of how they've held up so far?

Back