2017~2024 2017 brakes squealing early on

rhojos14

:
2017 CX-5
This could just be isolated to me, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem on their 2017 or 2018s?

The brakes on my 2017 have been squealing/screeching pretty bad, mainly at low speeds. Doesnt happen all the time, but its more often than not. I started noticing it around 3K miles and mentioned it to the service department when I took it in for the 5K oil change. They only had people available for oil changes that day, and they tried to say it was normal since I parked outside (layer of rust from the moisture). I didnt worry about it too much thinking it would stop. Well Im just past 10K miles now and Ive been parking in a garage since not long after that oil change but the screeching is still happening. Ive gotta take it in for another oil change and tire rotation in the next week or so and Im gonna be a bit more adamant this time that they look into it. It should all be under warranty so hopefully theyll just fix whatever is wrong. I know I wasnt a very good car owner for waiting so long, I was just hoping it would go away and I wouldnt have to worry about going through the trouble.

They often squeal after the car has been stood overnight or for a long period - especially in reverse. It’s just moisture that lifts the friction for a while and nothing to worry about.

I have never heard any brake squeal on my 2017. I suggest you take it back to the dealer and ask them to lube the caliper pins and the back of the pads.

Brake squeal is usually caused by the pads being glazed. This could be caused be riding your brakes or sticky calipers. Taking the pads out roughing them up and putting a 45 edge all around will get rid of the squeal.

Back