Guide 2017~2020 CX-5 Add an Amp Adapter

I originally posted on Mazda6 forum but thought you guys can use this guide too. This is for the 2017+ TAU with the new small 20 pin connection. This will allow for adding an amp without cutting of any of the stock wiring and completely removable.

Parts used:

SCOSCHE NN04RB Reverse Stereo Harness
SCOSCHE NN04B Stereo Harness
Speaker Wires

1. Since the harness has more connections than needed and missing in 1 slot. We have to remove and rearrange some of the pins. Used a bobby pin that had been dremel down in both width and height.

How to remove wires. Just push into the flat slot and pull the wire out the back.

suMXivR.jpg

2. Removed the Orange, Orange/White and Blue wire from the new harnesses. Added the blue wire back to the slot under the red wire.

How both harnesses should look afterwards.

dvBTPTY.jpg

3. Solder all the wires together and add some speaker wires in between matching speaker wires. Add a extra wire to the ACC if you want a amp turn on. You will end up with something like this:

X7GSWhi.jpg

Wrapped upped in Tesa tape:

lst22sr.jpg

Ended up with 3.2V coming out of the wires which you can leave as is or solder RCAs on.

Another version of this adapter, plug and play Amp I made to add amp with stock wires.

4tNiY0n.jpg

Hola ya pude hacer mi adaptador para poder colocarlo pero al sacar los zócalos de piso para llegar al amplificador que trae el cx5 (no bosé) me di cuenta que existe un conector en el pilar de la puerta delantera que venía desde el amplificador de al lado del filtro de cabina. La pregunta es ¿donde va conectado? el adaptador.

I originally posted on Mazda6 forum but thought you guys can use this guide too. This is for the 2017+ TAU with the new small 20 pin connection. This will allow for adding an amp without cutting of any of the stock wiring and completely removable.

Parts used:

Speaker Wires

1. Since the harness has more connections than needed and missing in 1 slot. We have to remove and rearrange some of the pins. Used a bobby pin that had been dremel down in both width and height.

How to remove wires. Just push into the flat slot and pull the wire out the back.

suMXivR.jpg

2. Removed the Orange, Orange/White and Blue wire from the new harnesses. Added the blue wire back to the slot under the red wire.

dvBTPTY.jpg

3. Solder all the wires together and add some speaker wires in between matching speaker wires. Add a extra wire to the ACC if you want a amp turn on. You will end up with something like this:

X7GSWhi.jpg

lst22sr.jpg

Ended up with 3.2V coming out of the wires which you can leave as is or solder RCAs on.

Another version of this adapter, plug and play Amp I made to add amp with stock wires.

4tNiY0n.jpg
Hey mate,
So I gather the SCOSCHE NN04RB is the connector they are using now?

Thanks - does anyone have the colour codes of the output side of the tuner amp on the 2018 cx5 - with amp in footwell type - I need to tap in to run 4 channel amp upgrade without losing any functionality of sat Nav fader etc.and I am struggling to find any schematics showing colour codes - my car has the infotainment type system dash mounted screen - non Bose -

Hi as a footnote to my original question my only concern was if I wire my 4 channel amp on the input side of the factory amp using the SCOSCHE type plugs I would lose some functions ie/ fader for Sat Nav etc.If this is not the case please update as I already have sub amp running off input side direct through RCA,s without LOC ( as said only outputting around 3.2V to amp - within parameters) Now I am upgrading door speakers etc - It was something that was playing on my mind - you guys seem to know what you are about so I was hoping to pick a few brains…… in UK where I am there is plenty of info on the old wiring set ups for Bose and 4 speaker - but not a lot on the post 2017 cars with 6 speaker factory amps 🤔 Thanks Phil

Parts used:

Speaker Wires

suMXivR.jpg

dvBTPTY.jpg

X7GSWhi.jpg

lst22sr.jpg

4tNiY0n.jpg
I know this is old, but thanks for putting this out there. It is insane to me that there's not a single adapter out there for an entire generation of Mazdas. I'm curious if the Scosche adapters used here are for the Bose or the non-Bose models? Are they the same? I keep seeing stuff that says they aren't. I'm working on adding a powered sub underneath the passenger seat of my '19 cx-5 Sport and really want to avoid cutting/tapping factory wires. Thanks in advance!

These are what I used - no need to cut amp input cables - these plugs just connect to existing outputs from head unit and factory amp - mine was non Bose setup - just a few minor alterations required to scosche cables to allow connections to sub amp ( front speaker cables) - splices or front and rear splices for full system - and to revert just remove the schosche wiring and plug factory wiring back together 👍 Post 2017 models - CX5 Mk2

I wonder if it's safe to assume the Scosche NN04RB connector is the same on bose/non-bose systems... I haven't dug into it beyond internet searching yet.

Old thread but I have a noob question.

I see it says to remove the orange wire but in the picture where they are soldered back together the orange wire is back in. I didnt see it mentioned to add it back in? Also, how is the blue wire connected? Are both blue wires soldered together from the female connector to male connector or does it only come out of one or the other? Thanks a lot!

Remove orange and orange/ white from new harnesses only ( not existing factory ones) - blue wire connects now in slot under red wires in new harnesses - 👍

Hey Phil,
There is a blue wire coming from each harness. The directions say to solder the wires together, am I supposed to solder the two blue wires together? In the picture there is a blue wire not connected to one of the harnesses...
If the blue wire is supposed to be coming out of only one harness, which one is it?
Thanks!

suMXivR.jpg

Does this help - remove blue from each end of new harness then replace it in the pins below the reds - Phil

Back