2016 Mazda CX-5 - What do you not like?

Mazda REALLY skimped on the interior indicator lights!

A few weeks ago we took our first really long road trip starting out after dark. I wanted to open the sunroof and looked up for the switch. Not a single indicator light in the ceiling mounted control panel! Damn.

Sad part is they probably wired it and skimped out on adding the bulb.

Still say you don't need a light by the sunroof.

Totally agree with Snarfangel on the carpet. Hey, thanks Mazda for carpet that actually CLEANS MY SHOES! I swear it pulls the dirt out and won't let it go. Exactly what you want in the cargo area, amirite?

Superlario... elapsed time of trip? Strange request to me. You don't remember what time you left? :D And I hate cars that don't have outside temp. As someone who lives in PA, how can you not see the value in knowing when you might be experiencing icy bridges \ roads because the temp is near 32? Loved it on my Saab when, no matter what your display was set to, it would switch to EXT TEMP if it was 28-34 degrees.

And do any cars in this price range have door puddle lights? I do love those and miss them, but assumed that was more common in upscale cars.

Last edited:
My '05 Legacy had those puddle lights too.
Actually what the Legacy had, was a series of cycling functions in what was at that time a radio face - one of which was outside temperature which would blink when it was around 34, AND an elapsed trip time that would reset each time the car was started, and MPG, etc.
What time did I leave ? That's asking alot I just want to get where I'm going.

My '05 Legacy had those puddle lights too.
Actually what the Legacy had, was a series of cycling functions in what was at that time a radio face - one of which was outside temperature which would blink when it was around 34, AND an elapsed trip time that would reset each time the car was started, and MPG, etc.
What time did I leave ? That's asking alot I just want to get where I'm going.

Your CX5 can show your trip mpg everytime you turn it off. Just like in 15 Camry. Its an option in setup. Brings up the Fuel Eff. monitor screen that is under applications upon turning the car off.

Have had mine for almost 3 months now. Only complaint is the bright vent trim reflection, saw the TSB and plan to have it addressed. Other than that, really pleased with the vehicle, nice improvement over my '14 CX5. Did take a small hit in gas mileage going from a FWD to an AWD.

Well, I've had the 2016.5 T a month now, and a list of what bothers me follows.
I tried to list in order of importance to me.

#2 - I would much rather have had an "elapsed time of trip feature" in the spot where the outside temperature resides. Why do I need to know what the temperature outside is ?

I drive up to the mountain skiing ati least twice a week in winter. Super handy to know if it is in the 20's or 30's for the roads.

Have had mine for almost 3 months now. Only complaint is the bright vent trim reflection, saw the TSB and plan to have it addressed. Other than that, really pleased with the vehicle, nice improvement over my '14 CX5. Did take a small hit in gas mileage going from a FWD to an AWD.

Is that the vent trim reflection on the mirrors from the side vents, or the reflection from the trim where the gear shifter is?

#5 - Open door dash warning light . . . which door ?

My cx5 tells me which door is open.

Do you have a copy of the TSB which refers to "bright vent trim reflection" ??

madar - would you please post the relevant TSB information - numbers etc. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here u go.
Download print and call ahead to have parts ready. For the trim reflections.

Attachments

• 1116 Ventilator Grill Garnish reflected on Front Door Window Glass.pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 303
Sad part is they probably wired it and skimped out on adding the bulb.
Exactly. Like the glove compartment light, this's only for NA/US market! Our MSRP has already been higher than in Japan and even in Canada, but Mazda North American Opetations are still trying to squeeze every penny out of the CX-5 from us! (whistle)

Here u go.
Download print and call ahead to have parts ready. For the trim reflections.

Do you happen to have a picture of the modified black trim covering? Curious to see what it looks like. I definitely notice the reflection but doesn't bother me too much.

No, he doesn't. No one does. I've asked 6 times at least.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No, he doesn't. No one does. I've asked 6 times at least.
Yeah he doesn't. And his TSB copy is also from Anchorman too ⋯ (joke)

If you really want to know what the black trim vent looks like, just find those interior pictures from 2015 CX-5 or prior. They look exactly the same like the chrome trim vent only looks black on trim. I personally wouldn't change them as they won't match the chrome trim center vents.

I also noticed this's still a problem on 2017 CX-5!

I would have done it for you Yrwei52....

The glare doesn't bother me. I just want to do it as a "mod". LOL
823c5ec641f070ccb0a17d111d97b5ab.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back