2016 Mazda 'AFS' button

LED DRLs alone would look much more modern and nicer than those out-of-date dim and yellow high-beam DRLs!

Can't agree more, based on other CX-5s seen on the road. Unfortunately I can't check out those LED DRLs on my own CX-5, whenever I have my car in Park mode and go around vehicle front these lights turn off automatically.

HID or LED lighting is a MUST!

Yeah, AFS uses four motors turning the headlight projectors left and right according to your steering wheel angle and up and down according to the load level in the rear suspension. You can manually control the high-beams even if you have HBC, High-Beam Control. But be aware that Tech Package has LED lightings and AFS, but HBC is included in a separate i-ActivSense Package.

Do spend extra to get Tech Package.. and it was well worth the money! LED DRLs alone would look much more modern and nicer than those out-of-date dim and yellow high-beam DRLs!
My god, we are spending 30-35k for a car and unlike me, will own it for hopefully a long time (Yes, I am very impulsive with my cars! (owned the Mazda CX-5 GT for 1.5 yrs, and switched to the current 2013 Lexus is..... WELL... SWEET with the LED DRLs!!!! 1 !

AFS is/was NOT available in the Lexus though, and I take what I said back...no problem without the Adaptive (AFS) lighting. I owned a 2004 Audi A4 that had the HID pkg with self leveling HID lighting...Also was a sweet ride, purchased from Audi dealer in 2004!

Funny coincidence...The current Lexus dealership occupies the same EXACT land that the old Audi dealership sat on.

Last edited:
I guess I've gotten used to AFS in my '07 G35X and glad I have it in my Mazda. I do notice the absence of feature when I drive a car without it. I drive in a lot of twisty areas so perhaps more noticeable in that scenario.

EDIT: I swapped out the halogen DRLs and fogs with LEDs as well shortly after purchase.

up and down and left to right as well...

My 2015 GT moved up and down and left to right as well.

Back