2016 CX-9 Windshield Fluid Warning Light

Looks like another example of cost cutting in a great car that tries to compete with the big boys....yet leaves some of the basics unchecked.

My dad's 2010 Hyundai Sonata has low washer fluid light. Our 2007 Toyota Sienna also has it. My old 1994 Mazda B4000 truck, doesn't. Just sayin...

I was looking in Google for this exact issue. I have a CX-9 2017 GT and there is no warning at all. Today I ran out of the windshield fluid for the first time. I thought it was a malfunction since my previous Mazda 6 has the warning message but no, the high-end CX-9 2017 GT does not have the sensor. Incredible.

Happened to my 2016 GT last week. What a surprise!

I had a low washer fluid warning on the digital screen on the right this morning; it flashed when i started my car, waited for 30sec and went away. I have a 2018 GT

I had a low washer fluid warning on the digital screen on the right this morning; it flashed when i started my car, waited for 30sec and went away. I have a 2018 GT

I have a 2016 GT, maybe this is limited to 2018 models and up?

I have a 2010 CX-7 and a 2012 CX-9, neither of which came equipped with the sensor. I had two dealerships tell me that the sensor could not be installed, and they were both wrong. ALL CX9s and CX7s of that generation are equipped with the necessary wiring harness, control circuit, and the little light in the instrument cluster, but for whatever stupid reason, very few of them had the actual sensor equipped. For your 9, you can literally order the part, drill an appropriately-sized hole in your tank, connect it up, and you're good to go. The 7 has two washer fluid tank options, a large one that holds lots of fluid and accommodates the sensor, and a smaller one that does not. Almost none of the 7s came with the larger tank and sensor, but you could probably retrofit it to the small tank. I changed to the large one because I wanted the extra capacity.

Unquestionably one of Mazda's most moronic design quirks, but you can install it quite easily.

Back