2016 CX-9 GT reverse lights question

Our 2017 GT had halogens, we converted to Led's and a big improvement in vision and backup camera clarity.

I'm not sure a helicopter spotlight could improve that cam!!!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why that cam is so poor and collects dirt so easily, but I'm beating a dead horse we've all beaten here already.

I have a 2019 Sig and if I have LEDs it isn't nearly enough. But I bet any improvement is welcomed for those without LEDs.

Hey Carfo,
I have a 2016 GT and I just replaced my (stock halogen) reverse lights with these:

LUYED (2 Extremely Bright 1600 Lumens Backup Reverse Lights 360-Degree Shine 921 912 W 16W 3020 30-EX Chipsets, Xenon White, No Hyper Flash https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The difference is night and day and install was a breeze. Really helps visibility on reverse camera.
Follow sm1ke’s guide and you should be good to go!
I just ordered the license plate LEDs for full effect 🤩
BA83BB4E-EFD4-46A7-8B4F-C3AF62ACB5A9.jpeg
FF03BA59-3B0B-4E4E-B937-A87FEEC3D23A.jpeg

I'm not sure a helicopter spotlight could improve that cam!!!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why that cam is so poor and collects dirt so easily, but I'm beating a dead horse we've all beaten here already.

I have a 2019 Sig and if I have LEDs it isn't nearly enough. But I bet any improvement is welcomed for those without LEDs.
Quoting myself for no reason other than to say I remember a time, pre March 2020, when my problems included light brightness and not Covid! Sort of sad to think back.

FWIW, never did replace my own lights but don't go anywhere so meh...

Back