2016 CX-5 Squeaking Sound

wbwise

:
2016 CX-5
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 CX-5 AWD Touring. It has around 1,500 miles on it. Over the past few weeks, I have started to hear a squeak coming from under the car (most likely from the front but I can't be sure) when it's going at less than 5 mph.

I looked through other posts but didn't find anything that specifically addresses this issue. Any thoughts?

Regards.

Same problem here. A trip to the dealer resulted in the "could not duplicate problem" phone call from the service advisor.

Thanks for your reply, nmcbride. Since mine only happens when the car begins to move, I have a feeling, I'll get the same response.

The brakes on mine are really noisy when coming into and out of a complete stop sometimes. Anything from a ca-clunk to a series of squeals. It's worse when the car's been sitting, especially if it's rained. Dealer said it's "normal" and due to corrosion on the rotors, which I can believe, but it's annoying. I might have them clean everything with brake cleaner next time I'm in for service and see if it helps.

The brakes on mine are really noisy when coming into and out of a complete stop sometimes. Anything from a ca-clunk to a series of squeals. It's worse when the car's been sitting, especially if it's rained. Dealer said it's "normal" and due to corrosion on the rotors, which I can believe, but it's annoying. I might have them clean everything with brake cleaner next time I'm in for service and see if it helps.

Same thing happens with my '15 once in awhile.

Reshp1: Do the brakes squeal even if you weren't pressing on them? Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question.

CC58: I'll try that. Thanks.

Back