2016 CX-5 GT - Does Meteor Gray color clash with rims and trim?

Drm31078

:
2016 CX-5 GT
Hey everyone, first post and about to purchase my first Mazda. I am considering a 2016 CX-5 GT in meteor gray...does the color go with the rims and trim since they are also gray? Or does the paint color clash with the rims and the trim? The car looks awesome in photos, but I saw one in person and I wasn't sure about it.

Different Strokes

Hey everyone, first post and about to purchase my first Mazda. I am considering a 2016 CX-5 GT in meteor gray...does the color go with the rims and trim since they are also gray? Or does the paint color clash with the rims and the trim? The car looks awesome in photos, but I saw one in person and I wasn't sure about it.

IMHO, If you are not sure now, I suggest you re-think your color options! Spending 30K on something that is "iffy" to you now, would be an error. Find a combination that you really like NOW!

Personally, I love my Meteor Grey, but I have the 2015 model with the "older" rims..never liked the newer style myself, but many do not share that opinion. After all, you will live with your own choice, and "buyer's remorse" is no fun!

See attached:
http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/gizzer777/media/DSC_0214_zpst03ptapk.jpg.html?o=1

Last edited:
It may be worth to look at aftermarket wheels. It gives a different outlook.

I divide the current colors into two categories; contrasting and monochromatic.
The white, red, silver, and light blue exterior colors all have a sharp contrast with the dark wheels and black exterior trim pieces, making for a sharp, sporty look.
The black, dark grey, dark blue, and brown exterior colors all have little contrast with the dark wheels and black trim pieces, making for a blended look.
All the current CX-5 colors look good and none "clash" with anything. Buy whichever color you like best.

I actually think the wheels are pretty much the same color as the meteor grey body itself. It's one of the reasons I bought meteor grey.

i have meteor gray and i think the rims look spot on with it. others have complimented the same.

Thanks for the responses! Helpful. I agree with the poster about the contrasting look vs. blended look. I like the blended look concept with the meteor gray since I think it looks a little "meaner" than the others. I was just curious if others thought there was clashing going on. Like when someone wears all black, the pant black may not exactly match the shirt black etc and it looks funny. From the responses, it doesn't seems like that's the case.

The last post I made was from my phone and couldn't add a picture. But here is a picture of the car from the side with the evening sun kind of hitting it. It was a little cloudy out but I think it's a decent shot to show the wheels vs the color of the car.

attachment.php

I thought I replied but I guess I didn't. Yeah. So. It's like they are the same color. I had to go look at my car in daylight to see if there was something I'm missing. I think the titanium has the problem you refer to. The rims on my meteor grey car are meteor grey. And yes it looks sweet.

I may have gone with black but I already have a black mustang. I'm over black cars. The dark blue is nice but I can't stand white interiors being that I'm a dude. Sorry but white interior for some reason to me sings girl car. Get the grey +tint. You'll have a ride as sweet as me and ride92. (Nice pic baby)

Btw the new rims are bad ass.

Get the grey +tint. You'll have a ride as sweet as me and ride92. (Nice pic baby)

Thanks Buck, I actually have an appointment in about 2 weeks to get the front windows tinted. The guy said he will meter the back and try to match the back windows as best as possible. He was really cool about it since Wisconsin law only allows 50% on the front and he's going to use either 30% or 35%. He just said, "as long as you know that it's technically illegal" I said yes I understand and won't name your shop as doing it or telling me otherwise if I ever run into a problem. My cousin is a police officer and all of his person cars have front tint at the same level as the back. I'm also having clear bra put on the front. When I was at the shop I saw his work and he is really good! He was redoing a Porsche SUV that some else applied Clearfilm to. He called it a horrible job and showed me the defects, they were very slight and almost not noticeable. Anyhow, there was also a corvette, Mercedes, BWM and a Range Rover getting film so I'm confident in his ability.

Thanks Buck, I actually have an appointment in about 2 weeks to get the front windows tinted. The guy said he will meter the back and try to match the back windows as best as possible. He was really cool about it since Wisconsin law only allows 50% on the front and he's going to use either 30% or 35%. He just said, "as long as you know that it's technically illegal" I said yes I understand and won't name your shop as doing it or telling me otherwise if I ever run into a problem. My cousin is a police officer and all of his person cars have front tint at the same level as the back. I'm also having clear bra put on the front. When I was at the shop I saw his work and he is really good! He was redoing a Porsche SUV that some else applied Clearfilm to. He called it a horrible job and showed me the defects, they were very slight and almost not noticeable. Anyhow, there was also a corvette, Mercedes, BWM and a Range Rover getting film so I'm confident in his ability.

i got pulled over for speeding and they did a tint test on the front

Thanks guys...went to pick up my Meteor Gray CX-5 GT today...apparently they had to drive it 238 miles to get it to the dealership and there were a few tiny chips on the bumper and hood. Told them that this is not a new car and would not buy it. After a long winded negotiation, it turns out they got a new shipment in today and had the one I wanted but with the tech package that I didn't really need. They offered it to me for $500 more than the "used" one with no tech package. So I took it. They needed to detail it and it will be ready for pickup tomorrow...

Similar for me. Evidently I like the tech package. Wish I'd got the I-sense thing on top of it.

Need to tint the wife's mazda5. If that works out maybe I'll tint my fronts too

Back