2024 CX-5 Select Trim Interior Plus Aftermarket Upholstery?

I see that it only comes with black interior. I think all-black looks gloomy and will make the interior extra-hot in summer heat.
Then I looked at the Preferred trim (which has other features I don’t want) and see you can get a beige interior on that trim. Then, I looked more carefully at the photos and noticed it still has a black interior and they only changed the color of the seat coverings. No coordinating beige trim anywhere on the door panels, dashboard or even for the center console and armrest.

If I purchased as 2024 Select, I would consider getting light-colored slip on fabric seat covers for the front seats and use remote start to cool the interior through the app until the vehicle is out of warranty and then maybe get Katkskinz light colored seats if I still care about the color 3 years later and still want to keep the vehicle long term at that point.
I think Katskinz also offers matching replacement door panels and matching upholstery for the center armrest should also be available.

Has anyone here got aftermarket upholstery in their CX5? Have you seen a CX5 with Katzkinz door panels?

Last edited:
The car's paint color has way more to do with the temps inside the car than does the interior color.

Slip covers for a brand new car? No way, not for me.

What does the warranty have to do with new seats? You won't void your warranty by installing new seats, no matter the color.

I would wait until after warranty to get some of my money’s worth out of the factory seat covers and so reupholstering will be like refreshing the interior when it’s a few years old rather than just throwing out the brand new factory seat covers.
After 3 years, I’d also be more sure if I want to keep the car long term or trade it for something new. If I’m getting rid of the car soon, I don’t want to waste money on reupholstering the interior and not getting several more years of benefit out of it.
Slip on beige fabric seat covers for the front seats could keep the black leatherette from getting burning hot in the summer sun without the commitment of replacing the factory seat covers. I can just pull them off at resale time and I don’t need to care whether next buyer likes them or not.

I would wait until after warranty to get some of my money’s worth out of the factory seat covers and so reupholstering will be like refreshing the interior when it’s a few years old rather than just throwing out the brand new factory seat covers.
After 3 years, I’d also be more sure if I want to keep the car long term or trade it for something new. If I’m getting rid of the car soon, I don’t want to waste money on reupholstering the interior and not getting several more years of benefit out of it.
Slip on beige fabric seat covers for the front seats could keep the black leatherette from getting burning hot in the summer sun without the commitment of replacing the factory seat covers. I can just pull them off at resale time and I don’t need to care whether next buyer likes them or not.

The OP said nothing of reupholstering the seats. Slip on seat covers is what was mentioned.

I see that it only comes with black interior. I think all-black looks gloomy and will make the interior extra-hot in summer heat.
I agree with you on the color/gloomy issue. However, I must say that our 2019 CX-5 Touring has an all-black interior, yet it doesn't get too bad in the summer. The worst part is the steering wheel getting too hot to touch, but no avoiding that without either a cover or windscreen heatshield.

Back