2014 Mazda2 turbocharger options?

NotACarGuy

Enjoyer of Cars
Hey, I want to add a turbocharger to my 2014 Mazda2. I have been looking for a little while and I haven't really found anything useful, so I was hoping someone here had already done this or maybe had some insights on where I could find one that would work with my Mazda. If anyone has any questions about my car I can try and answer them, or if you need to see anything to answer this question properly, I can send pictures of whatever you guys would need to see. Thanks!

I haven't done anything yet however I was looking at the bore and stroke of a similar engine ZY-VE which carries a bore and stoke of 78mmx78.2.

According to Wiki Mazda Z engine - Wikipedia the engine family is as follows:

ConfigurationInline 4
Displacement
  • 1.3 L; 82.3 cu in (1,348 cc)
  • 1.5 L; 90.9 cu in (1,489 cc)
  • 1.5 L; 91.4 cu in (1,498 cc)
  • 1.6 L; 97.5 cu in (1,598 cc)
Cylinder bore
  • 74 mm (2.91 in)
  • 75.3 mm (2.96 in)
  • 78 mm (3.07 in)
Piston stroke
  • 78.4 mm (3.09 in)
  • 83.6 mm (3.29 in)

In theory you should be able to use the pistons and rods ranging from 74mm to 78mm and a rod length between 78.4mm to 83.6mm.

The previous B5, B6 and BP engines (from the familia and miata should use the same Bore and stroke also, giving you a forged internal option.

Just check the deck height and or how far up/how close the piston comes to the top or out of the block. Measure up.

This is what I am going to check as soon as my car gets here from japan as I wanna add some boost to my DY5W demio. :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd buy a turbo or supercharger kit in an instant for this car. Owned it since 2012 and every few months I look for one. I can't believe there still isn't any options for boost on these cars.

I built my own kit for my Miata but I don't want to do that on the 2.

Upvote 0
Back