2014 CX-5 2.5L - Oil analysis shows coolant present

Test came back, not so good, as shown in Oil Analysis Thread. Am now starting to consider bypassing the heater core temporarily, using Head Gasket Fix similar to DaveIndy's thread, then flushing it out after ~500 miles and also replacing the radiator at the same time.

Will switch over to probably Mobil1 AFE 0w-30, since I already use that in my other 2 cars anyway.

Test came back, not so good, as shown in Oil Analysis Thread. Am now starting to consider bypassing the heater core temporarily, using Head Gasket Fix similar to DaveIndy's thread, then flushing it out after ~500 miles and also replacing the radiator at the same time.

Will switch over to probably Mobil1 AFE 0w-30, since I already use that in my other 2 cars anyway.
May be you should do the compression test and lead down test in addition to a cooling system pressure check like @DaveIndy did.

2015 CX-5 2.5L SkyActiv coolant in oil

Is it possible you may have a loose head bolt like the video posted in post #7?

But one loose bolt at the corner of the cylinder head makes me feel otherwise on workmanship.

@DaveIndy had said in his thread that he should be checking the head bolts first.

note my post #17 from before our summer vacation, did the compression test and it all tested perfect, and also found no combustion gasses present in the coolant.

This video should help you to remove the cylinder head:

The damaged engine on cylinder #3 and #4 was having the similar problem, coolant mixed with oil, although it’s a newer 2.5L NA with CD.
I know the op has a 14 without CD but this video is cool cuz it shows pretty clearly a crack in the head at 4:29 at noon on that exhaust port. And maybe again later in the video. This is a engine out of a 21 cx-30 with CD. I love this guys channel. He knows engines. But he kinda missed the crack. Interesting stuff.

Back