2012 Mazdaspeed3: Installed amp and subwoofer on BOSE System

Pintozoz

:
2008 Mazda3 Hatchback 2.3
Well worth the effort.

Running 1000 Watt amp with a 10" kicker.

Last edited:
Got any pictures? I have the Bose system as well, but definitely open to seeing what upgrade options are out there.

Ya pictures would be great, can you set up an amp/sub in the non-bose option?

I had a 2011 M3 i-touring without the bose, and had an amp/sub installed using the factory head unit... It sounded great IMO, but I recently traded in my 2011 and got a 2012 M3 i-GT with the BOSE system. I am going to have that equipment reinstalled next month. I am excited to hear the difference cause I know that there is a HUGE difference in the factory systems between the BOSE and non-BOSE.

I am looking at going with a Kicker 10" sub also... Which one did you go with and how does it sound? I want clean/crisp bass and mostly listen to pop/rock.

I would love to see pics...

I have the very basic of Mazda 3's with no bose. I added a Pioneer DVD head unit, JBL 5x7 in all doors and a 500 watt Rockford amp with a 12in Cerwin Vega sub in a ported box and it is awesome! I also listen to a lot of rock/heavy metal and you get the crisp sound of the JBL's and the pounding bass out of the sub. just a suggestion

Any way to turn up the sub in the spare tire? I can turn up the bass but no independent volume control for the sub unfortunately.

Hi everyone. New to the forum. I have a 2012 Mazda 3 Hatchback (Sky-Activ).. I want to upgrade the speakers in my doors but am having a hard time finding the specs without removing my doors to find out. Can anyone help? Also, can you recommend the best kind of speakers? Thanks so much.

5x7 for all four doors.....2 2inch tweeters on each front door by the side view mirrors. I wanted to keep my stock setup with bluetooth and all so I had to buy a hi/lo converter for aftermarket stereo but keeping the same dash stock face. I have JL TR for all four doors, also my two tweeters but had to cut a little out with a dremmel, a 12 JL Subwoofer I forgot which model. A 500 watt 1 chanell JL amp also forgot which model I believe my sub and amp are evolution models...maybe MR

Back