2011 Hyundai Sonata

Getting defensive?

Being compared to all these top automaker brands means Hyundai is getting really high up in the ranks.
Soon we will be comparing other cars to Hyundai.

Getting defensive?

Being compared to all these top automaker brands means Hyundai is getting really high up in the ranks.

Nah...I was just saying. I am glad that Hyundai has come along way.

It looks better than the current sonata.

Hyundai is making some great cars these days.

I think the only thing missing from hyundai these days is design originality. Their current cars, while nice, seem to echo "safe" designs that other car companies have put out.

The last step for Hyundai is a shift towards more innovative designs. They have the talent on staff, they just need to come up with their own design language. Preferably as far away from Acura's bucktooth designs as possible :)

They are getting there but I believe that will take some time, especially for the quoted reply below. First copying, now improving and getting ahead in quality has been a good progress so far, but good/sexy design originality is not that simple. I believe they got a good start with the Genesis Coupe, but that is pretty much it, more money and time in that area will be needed:

I think the only thing missing from hyundai these days is design originality. Their current cars, while nice, seem to echo "safe" designs that other car companies have put out.

The last step for Hyundai is a shift towards more innovative designs. They have the talent on staff, they just need to come up with their own design language.

While I'm sure their designers get ideas from other cars, I also see every car maker out there doing that same thing. It's hard to come up with a new way to use a curve.

Latest posts

Back