2010 Cx-9

Barto

Sorry for the huge image, info blurb at link following.

2010-mazda-cx-9-1280.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/20/all-smiles-updated-2010-mazda-cx-9-headed-for-new-york/

The 2010 CX7 and 3 both look just like that. So I believe it. This CX9 even has the new 3 style mirrors with the tapered turn signals.

I like that the lower grill is more finished, but it seems a bit too big in relation to the upper grill. Maybe they needed to increase air flow.

Nice new color and wheels.

Last edited:
got bored,
old, new, custom :cool: (i'm not the best @ photoshop...)

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 686
I think the original opening with the new trim would look better.

I love that color though. And the new mirrors. Hopefully they won't shake like some do.

I am glad to be a 2007 CX-9 owner. Definitely wouldn't buy the double smiley design. Bumper doesn't exist anymore, lost its function.

WTF??? So it's true.. The Joker is running Mazda!

LOL! I'm not too crazy about the new smiley face look mazda is going for. It just looks too odd to me. Especially on the Mazda3. Although, the Mx5 and the Rx8 not too too bad.

Mazdas CX-9 facelift headed to New York Auto Show

The facelifted CX-9 will be joined in New York by the updated CX-7 and all-new Mazdaspeed3 (MPS)
Mazda has been very busy in the past couple of months, with updated versions of the MX-5 and CX-7, as well as the all-new 2010 Mazda3, all making their respective debuts recently. Mazdas new model roll-out shows no sign of slowing as the company is planning to unveil an updated version of its CX-9 SUV at next months New York Auto Show.

Highlighting the list of changes planned for the 2010 Mazda CX-9 is a new front-end, which picks up the companys smiling fascia, as well as new headlights and fog-lamps. Like the recently updated CX-7, the new CX-9s interior will receive higher quality materials, a new design for the gauges, and a new multifunction information display.

No details about mechanical updates have been revealed but expect to see some revisions to the current 3.7L V6 engine, likely for emissions and fuel-economy improvements, as well as slight tweaks to the ride and handling.

If someone bought a 2010 and didn't like the front, they could always swap with a current generation owner who liked the new front better. It wouldn't even take much to repaint.

From the photo, I don't think the headlights are any different, unless the changes are fairly subtle.

A few things I'd like to see in the new one are:

Paddle Shifters
Handle slot in the Cupholders
Relocated Knobs for the Trip Meter and Dash Lights
Standard Noise Filter on the MP3 Jack (iPod is okay, but our laptop hums like a M-F'er)
All Dome Lights come on with the Liftgate (for the times we fold the seats for cargo)

Not much else really needs improvement, I think.

A more responsive lift gate would be nice too. I basically have to be touching it to get it to open.

I suspect that is intentional. Unlike the doors, which merely unlock, the liftgate actually opens. They probably limit the range to prevent you from opening it without being able to see the area around it. But yes, being able to open it far enough away to have it all the way up by the time you reach the car during a rainstorm would be helpful.

(run-on sentence)

I see some improvements I like, but overall I'm happy with my 09.

is it just me, or does the new front end look like something that belongs in the movie Cars??

opelpixarcars04wy8.jpg

Back