2009 New England Auto Show + Import Show!

Decent show. Nice to see everyone. Sorry we all got split up. I was alone most of the time, or with Oleg and Dan. Not sure if I'll go again though. Gets boring after awhile really unless you are shopping for a car. Hence I don't even bother to bring a camera. Heck almost everyone one of those "Import" show cars I've seen at the shows I attend all summer long. I've won 1st place over both of the Mazdas there. The RX-7 and the 6. Go figure.

Aw geez....trust me, if I had the money I'd turn it into a masterpiece. I just do what I can and try to be as creative as possible with what I have. There are so many other Mazdas out there I drool over. ;)

Oh, I guess there were a couple of cars that I liked seeing. The 2 Teslas were neat and the new Acura ZDX is quite nice in person. The new 2010 VW GTi was sweet and the Subi STi has grown on me.

I was surprised Mazda did not have a RX-8 R3 model. Just the Grand Touring to represent.

Last edited:
2nd year in a row that Ford did not have a Mustang on display to sit in. They just had one on the pedestal. I sat in the Camaro and Challenger, and wanted to get a direct feel for the new Mustang...since it won the C&D head-to-head. I like the Camaro but not enough to trade in the MS6. Shifter felt very short, shorter than any short-shifter I've ever used. Dash was high but I fit very good in the seats and there was plenty of leg room. Perhaps when they come out with a drop top I'll reconsider.

I was disappointed that I didn't fit in the 370Z convertible. I thought there would be more room...I could have sworn I fit fine in the older 350Z coupe.

I also had trouble getting in and out of the Subaru Impreza WRX which I did not expect. The Legacy is also a nice vehicle, but very much like my gen Mazda6.

Kia Forte Koup was a nice little car. I am impressed with the fit and finish of the new Kias and Hyundais.

I tried to convince my father that he doesn't need another big truck. However one requirement he had was hard to accomplish with out going big: comfortable seating for 6 adults. My parents go out to dinner with two other couples regularly and they like to take a single vehicle. Even some of the big trucks didn't offer a bench in the front...and most 3rd row seats are too difficult for a 60+ yr old person to get into. He likes the Tundra and the Ram is decent too. As of right now, he's having Chevy look at his truck to see if the transmission problem is covered under warranty.

A few pics I took:
http://picasaweb.google.com/chuyler1/BostonCarShow2009#

I was pretty disapointed in the show this year. No Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche, Land Rover, Isuzu, Suzuki... and of course Saturn or Pontaic. No sitting in the Maserati's or Lotus as in previous years, either. Like Chris said, no sitting in a new Mustang (again). And a $45k Ford Flex- really?

I did love the GTI's seats for looks and comfort. And I found it interesting that the Fusions back seat affords about the same amount of space as the new Taurus.

Hopefully next years show will see the return of the higher end brands, or I may have to skip it for the first time in like 10 years.

I am impressed with the fit and finish of the new Kias and Hyundais.

I am too. When I first saw the Forte coup I was rather impressed. I didn't even realize it was a Kia at first. They have come a long way since they started selling cars here in the states.

Some pics!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    560.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    655.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    689.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 101
more.......

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    530.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    533.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0057.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0069.JPG
    DSC_0069.JPG
    513.5 KB · Views: 95
more......had a good time and sorry i did not get a chance to hang out with you guys. Gavin was crazy!

-R

Attachments

• DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    601 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    627.5 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_0074.JPG
    DSC_0074.JPG
    590.4 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 291
I was wandering mostly by myself as well. Pretty dissappointing. Was hoping to see the new Suzuki sedan. Not much in the way of small wagons. Most 5 door hatches have no room in the back seat. Only one I saw that I liked was the Elantra 5 door hatch.

Had to leave at noon since we were having people over for dinner. Good to see everyone though.

No backseat room? Try no front seat room! I did notice the CX9 had adjustible rear seats so you could give 3rd row passengers a little leg room. That's a nice feature.

I took a few photos but my flash wasn't strong enough for the dark room. I'll post them when the professional ones are available.

Back