2009 Mazda CX-9 incentives/cash back

gtxjoe

Hi all,

Interested in buying a 2009Touring or Grand Touring. Now I have been reviewing the websites and I think I am ready to pull the trigger. As for pricing, I see there is a $4K dealer incentive, $1000 Customer loyalty and also I see a 0% for 3 years and $1500 customer. So does this mean I should be shooting for Invoice - $6500, and see what the dealer counter offers?

Thanks,
Joe
2000 MPV
1992 Miata

The 0% for 3 years and $1500 customer cash back is what you can get from the dealer without any hassle(most dealers anyway).
The $4k dealer cash back is up to the dealer to share it. Most dealers have been giving that $4k back to customers.
Basically, it's a 0%3yrs/$1500 cash back OR $4k dealer cash back. If you have a mazda, you can take off an additional $1000 customer loyalty. Dealer hold backs are anywhere from $500 - $750 from what I've been reading. Again, it's up to the dealer to 'share' that with the customer.

So INV - approx $4500 is what most people are getting now. Take off additional $1K since you have a mazda.

Last edited:
Just as a FYI, Touring and GT models are harded to come by. My local dealers sold all of their Tourings and GT's pretty much right when they get them in (maybe hold them a week or 2). If you can live w/o leather, try for a Sport with all the goodies, you might get a better deal. The dealer we went to had 2 Touring's & 2 GT's. Sold them, then they got in our Touring, just came right off the truck right when we drove there. They advertised Touring's in July for $29,499 (MSRP of $36,125), which included the $1k owner loyaty. I requested that price, but the best I did was $29,999. So they made an extra $500 on me, but in the end, the dealer is walking distance to my house, and the car had all the options/color combo's my wife wanted.

Depending on the area you're in, some dealers are running out of certain trims and are not motivated to search for you. Check out the "What others are paying" thread on Edmunds.com for more information.

My local dealers in Nor California have a ton of GT's left. Tourings are a little tougher, but I've found a few as well. I'm getting the same $29,999 quote you got for a Touring priced at $36K.

Where are you located, gtxjoe?

I am located in Chicago area.

Hmm, I guess I am eligible for the Mazda S plan through work, which according to this, I should be able to get all the discounts applied ($6500 off of invoice). Now I just need to find the right one, I have been checking the Mazdausa inventory website, so hopefully I can locate one and a dealer that honors the s-plan.

# S-Plan price is equal to the total dealer invoice price including freight and any voluntary advertising assessments and state-regulated fees. The amount is printed in the lower left corner of the factory invoice as "SPLAN".
# S-Plan prices are non-negotiable.
# The following rebates and incentives should be deducted from the base S-Plan price. All applicable incentives convert to Customer Cash and must be treated accordingly.

* All Customer Cash retail incentives.
* All Dealer Cash incentives.
* Top-level dealer engagement or stair-step programs unless noted in program rules.
* Miscellaneous rebates such as college grad or financing cash may apply as long as the specific rules and conditions are met.

I am located in Chicago area.

Hmm, I guess I am eligible for the Mazda S plan through work, which according to this, I should be able to get all the discounts applied ($6500 off of invoice). Now I just need to find the right one, I have been checking the Mazdausa inventory website, so hopefully I can locate one and a dealer that honors the s-plan.

# S-Plan price is equal to the total dealer invoice price including freight and any voluntary advertising assessments and state-regulated fees. The amount is printed in the lower left corner of the factory invoice as "SPLAN".
# S-Plan prices are non-negotiable.
# The following rebates and incentives should be deducted from the base S-Plan price. All applicable incentives convert to Customer Cash and must be treated accordingly.

* All Customer Cash retail incentives.
* All Dealer Cash incentives.
* Top-level dealer engagement or stair-step programs unless noted in program rules.
* Miscellaneous rebates such as college grad or financing cash may apply as long as the specific rules and conditions are met.

You may want to check out http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1131db/1787#MSG1787 regarding S-plan pricing.

Back