2008 CX-9 specs!! **Updated**

Hi and welcome !!
Can you tell us what part of the world you are in...just wondering when 2008's are coming to Northeast america region.

Thank you for the welcome :)

I am from Mississauga Ontario Canada (30 min west of Toronto). Hope that helps. I cannot say enough about how much I love this car. I cannot wait for the drive back home from Virginia beach. This is my wife's car, but I think she driven maybe 100 out of the 900 miles on it so far. I might have to give her my WRX so that I can keep this car.

Thank you for the welcome :)

I am from Mississauga Ontario Canada (30 min west of Toronto). Hope that helps. I cannot say enough about how much I love this car. I cannot wait for the drive back home from Virginia beach. This is my wife's car, but I think she driven maybe 100 out of the 900 miles on it so far. I might have to give her my WRX so that I can keep this car.

Hi again. Thanks for the info. That helps a lot because you are in the same region of the world (Northeast). Also glad to hear you love the car (drive2)

whats new on the 2008

Hello everyone,
1st time posting on here, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum. Is there a list of what's new in the 2008? And any idea if they've improved the breaks?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,
1st time posting on here, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum. Is there a list of what's new in the 2008? And any idea if they've improved the breaks?

Thanks!

It now comes with a 3.7L V6 engine instead of the 3.5L. and the GT will come with BSM (Blind Spot monitoring-late fall availability). Everything else is the same. In the Motor Trend SUV of the year competition (which it won) it stopped in 127 feet. Here is a quote from the MT article:

"At 4633 pounds, the Mazda's no light weight, but compared with the two-row Edge (4511) and the cumbersome Enclave (5077), its dietary tactics are noticeable. Under braking, when fewer pounds equal fewer feet, the midweight Mazda, which slots between the 4268-pound Subaru and the Buick, posted a respectable 60-to-0 distance of 127 feet, a byproduct of four-wheel vented disc brakes and excellent pedal feel."

Brakes don't need improvement

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Welcome! The brakes don't need improvement, they're excellent, regardless of what CR says.

Welcome! The brakes don't need improvement, they're excellent, regardless of what CR says.

(iagree)
I am a member panelist on Consumer Reports. I've already expressed my opinion about my CX-9 including the brakes and included links to other road tests where the braking results are right on par, if not better.

Back