2007 Mazda5 muffler from Mazda3?

JesseM

:
2003 Protege5
Does anyone know if a Mazda3 muffler can be made to fit on a Mazda5? There are literally no mufflers in Canada. I can't really wait 1.5 weeks for it to arrive from Rockauto or Ebay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any exhaust shop can install a muffler, unless you must have OEM. Will sound the same and they can use the stock tip or aftermarket which would look better.

That must be nice. You see I live in a town called "Fredericton" where within city limits, literally every shop is predatory and out to suck you dry. One shop told me the entire manifold/flexpipe had to be replaced, direct from Mazda to the tune of $2500 (they even warned me the manifold bolts might snap off, so it could end up costing me a new block). The next shop said $1500 because they could do a little welding.

I took it to a garage out by my parents house who said the issue wasn't even up near the front, it was with the actual muffler towards the back of the car. I know this old guy is legit, he's worked on both my parents cars for a while now (2005 Subaru Forester XT and a 2012 Fiesta SES) and saved them hundreds also. My bill from this guy will be less than $500. I hate this piece of s*** town.

So are you actually telling me a generic muffler could be installed? Because it's going to take over a week for the part to arrive from Rockauto.

Last edited:
Sucks to be you. In the rest of the civilized world any muffler shop can cut the old muffler free from the piping where it bolts to the exhaust pipe, then weld whatever muffler you bring them back in its place. For 500 bucks you could hire a flatbed tow truck to haul your car to another town and get it done right for about $180 bucks, tops. Hell, when I got a Magnaflow put on my old Subaru the guy did it for 60 bucks and I stood there and watched him do it....

sucks to be in that part of Canada, at least for car parts, i bet you something like that would cost your ~$100 to fix in Toronto

Back