2005 Mazda3 Headlight Wiring connector source?

salguod

Mr. T'bird
My daughter got into a minor accident with my 2005 5 door. She hit an SUV so the bumper went over the top of the Mazda bumper and took out a headlight. I've got a new headlight, but the connector on the end of the wiring harness is broken. Autozone has a replacement connector with a short pigtail, but it isn't the right one. It's for connecting directly to the headlight, not to the adapter that Mazda used between the headlight and the wiring harness.

No one seems to have this connector, does anyone know where I can get one?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. The connectors are pretty corroded, so I was hoping to find a new one as long as I had to replace it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

How much is the harness at the dealership? You may also want to try an electronics supply house like digikey or Allied electronics.

I'm not sure about the dealer, but it's tied to the harness that goes to the power steering pump, washer fluid pump and across the front of the car. I imagine it is expensive and painful to replace.

Digikey or something like that is a good idea, but I'd need the connector manufacturer and P/N.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I recommend that you call one of them, first, describe what you are looking for, and send them a photo.

Thread necrobump.

I'm looking for this same thing currently. I ordered pigtails from Rockauto, and the pin spacing is correct for going directly to an H7 bulb, not the goofy little adapter. Looks like the spacing needs to be about 17mm. Anybody got any ideas? I really don't want to replace my corroded 16-year-old connectors with other equally-corroded connectors from the junkyard.

I never did replace mine. Though broken, I was able to make it work for the rest of the life of. I sold it fall of 2020.

Not real helpful, I know, but I wanted you to know what I did. Maybe add the pigtails and connect directly to the bulb?

Thanks salguod. I ended up just taking one of the little black bulb adapters to Autozone last night and exploring after finding nothing online. The solution is so simple and makes perfect manufacturing sense: it's an H4 bulb socket. If you look at the socket on the car, it's a 3 pin with only the 2 outer pins populated. Like this, with the yellow wire missing:

iu

So while the bulb itself is an H7, the connector on the actual harness is for an H4. I picked up a pair of new sockets to splice in this weekend. These cars are close to 20 years old now, but I'll leave this here in case there are any other nutjobs still driving them like me.

Back