2003 of 2003.5 ?

DRGSR

:
1997 Civic EX and 2003.5 P5
Hey there everyone.
I just got my P5 on Thursday. How do I know if it is a 2003 or 2003.5 and what does it matter anyway?
Thanks,
Carl

Does it have a roofrack? If it does it's an 03, if not it's an 03.5

Also if it's an 03.5 it will have a small subwoofer in the spare tire area.

edit: Correct grammar

Thanks,
So, all P5s came with a roofrack before 2003.5? I don't have the roofrack and I have a subwoofer so, I have a 2003.5
Thanks,
Carl

Yup, you have a 03.5. :D

If you want a roofrack let me know, I'm looking to get rid of mine.

Sorry, I don't want one in the least. I have no use for one and I think that it looks better without one.
Thanks anyway,
Carl

Then you paid extra for your roof rack (optional) and have a 03.5.

I should have clarified that the roofrack was an option on the 03.5's. (an unpopular option it seems)

To those who have one, how good is the sub woofer? Ive seen them 4 sale around 100.00 but I dont know if it's worth it.

The sub woofer was an option for the 2003 much like the roof rack was for the 2003.5. So if you have both you will have to look at the window sticker and see which you have.

the sub is surprising, puts out alot of bass for how small the thing is, especially considering it is mounted inside the spare tire well.

I will eventually add 1 or 2 10's to compliment it but it is good enough that I am in no rush to be doing the ice upgrades right now, of course I believe the 03.5 basically came with the mp3 stereo setup minus the actual kenwood deck, like the tweeters most people dont have either.

I have the tweeters, the sub, and a roof rack.. I got the rack because I ride bikes and put them on top of the car...

The sub to me is really good... puts out lots of bass and was free...

The tweeters came on all of the 2003 models. You could also look on the door frame sticker. It should say when the car was manufactured. Not sure if the manufacturers still do that.

IRISH22 said:
To those who have one, how good is the sub woofer? Ive seen them 4 sale around 100.00 but I dont know if it's worth it.

It sounds exactly like what it is. A small 5.25" speaker in a bandpass enclosure.
It has some decent output in the lower midbass range but not really any sub bas and certainly not linear across the sub bass range.

In lamens terms:
Most of the songs on the ludacris track sound like a decent bump, 2 of them ROMP, and 2 of them have almost no bass.

loccusst said:
The tweeters came on all of the 2003 models. You could also look on the door frame sticker. It should say when the car was manufactured. Not sure if the manufacturers still do that.

I think the tweeters actualy started in the 2002.5 models, I am not positive on that though. Its in my stick though :D

loccusst said:
Never thought that ludacris would be used for sq. lol

WHAT!!!

I got Ho's, is one of the best sq recording of all times. Even Sheffield Labs was jelous of that one (rofl)

lmao.....I just would of never thouth to use ludacris thats all. I love that song man!!

Back