2.5T Cracked Cylinder Head/Leaking Coolant Report to the NHTSA

Just took my 2018 CX-9 with just under 82K miles to a mechanic buddy of mine because it just started leaking coolant. I'd been smelling a burning smell for a few weeks now, but could not find the source. The mechanic found the TSB and suggested I go to Mazda. We'll see what they say. This is my 6th Mazda. May be my last one if they don't treat me right.

Best of luck to you. They did kick in $1k for the repairs for us, but it was still almost $9K out the door. Yay for credit cards! :rolleyes:

Just took my 2018 CX-9 with just under 82K miles to a mechanic buddy of mine because it just started leaking coolant. I'd been smelling a burning smell for a few weeks now, but could not find the source. The mechanic found the TSB and suggested I go to Mazda. We'll see what they say. This is my 6th Mazda. May be my last one if they don't treat me right.
Where are you located, and which Mazda dealer will you be dealing with (if you don't mind my asking)? Mazda corporate comped our repair for about $3K, but it was another $3K plus out of our pocket all said and done (our extended warranty covered a transmission replacement at the same time). We are now at around 95K miles (car went in with the leak at 78K miles) and everything is still fine. Be sure to register with the class action lawsuit that is still going on...the link is at another thread about this same topic.

Where are you located, and which Mazda dealer will you be dealing with (if you don't mind my asking)? Mazda corporate comped our repair for about $3K, but it was another $3K plus out of our pocket all said and done (our extended warranty covered a transmission replacement at the same time). We are now at around 95K miles (car went in with the leak at 78K miles) and everything is still fine. Be sure to register with the class action lawsuit that is still going on...the link is at another thread about this same topic.
I'm in San Antonio. I bought this particular vehicle in Houston, but I will be going to North Park Mazda to see what they'll do for me. I've purchased a couple of Mazdas from them in the past, and they used to have a good reputation for service, although when my rear hatch lift went out, I took it to them and they said it was the motor controller, when it was the motorized lift itself (I replaced it myself).

It hasn't stalled out. I received this today from the law firm:

Thank you for previously contacting us about our class action investigation into the Mazda CX-5, CX-9, and Mazda6 Engine Coolant Leak Defect. We have made significant progress with the investigation and are preparing to file a class action complaint. We have a limited window to add additional plaintiffs to the case. If you are interested in potentially being a part of the class action lawsuit, we ask that you first complete the below survey. Any individual representation by Sauder Schelkopf LLC or any of its attorneys would only be confirmed in a separate writing.

Click here to complete the survey.

It hasn't stalled out. I received this today from the law firm:

Thank you for previously contacting us about our class action investigation into the Mazda CX-5, CX-9, and Mazda6 Engine Coolant Leak Defect. We have made significant progress with the investigation and are preparing to file a class action complaint. We have a limited window to add additional plaintiffs to the case. If you are interested in potentially being a part of the class action lawsuit, we ask that you first complete the below survey. Any individual representation by Sauder Schelkopf LLC or any of its attorneys would only be confirmed in a separate writing.

Click here to complete the survey.
I filled the survey in a few weeks ago. The more that reply and decide to join the class action, the better the chances there will be for a successful class action.

Back