2.5 Turbo Oil Analysis?

My wife's 2020 CX-5 GTR, first oil change.

N10971.jpg

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Here's a UOA I had done on my 2018 CX-9.

Here's another UOA posted from @crimeariver, who also has a 2018 CX-9. The oil dilution reported in this post appeared to be from a faulty fuel injector, which the dealer replaced under warranty, but my understanding is that he is still experiencing oil dilution issues, possibly from a different fuel injector (assuming the dealership didn't just change all of them).

There may be more 2.5T UOAs posted in the Skyactiv Oil Analysis thread.

I have done the old "sniffaroo" test on mine and I could swear I smellmsome fuel in it, when mentally comparing it to whatever normal is... will keep a nose out on it, maybe sniff other samples to calibrate (learning from my Beagle haha).
Getting change #1 done soon, will do a before and after sniff and will try that actual analysis to keep an eye on things (rather than a nose??) but yeah, potential dilution and my easy fix is to change it more frequently - oil is cheap.
If it keeps up I will ask the dealer to take a look to have it on record and if they need to change injectors I guess they will need to change injectors..

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Smellmsome? Big thumbs... sorry!

Lol, no worries @Clydesride. For future reference, if you spot an error in a previous post or you want to change/add anything to it, you can click on the "Edit" button at the end of your post. This allows you to make changes to the existing post and save them. Cheers!

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
2018 CX-9 Signature. Sample taken at 58500 km on the odometer.

There is a suspected internal coolant leak. No other symptoms of an external coolant leak.

Attachments

• 2018 Mazda CX-9 AWD_ENGINE (1).pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 13

andrewnds

2021 CX-5 Signature, 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech Pkg.
2018 CX-9 Signature. Sample taken at 58500 km on the odometer.

There is a suspected internal coolant leak. No other symptoms of an external coolant leak.
Uh ohh.. Well I guess at this point best you can do is keep a close eye on coolant levels, watch for white smoke from your exhaust... At least you're still under warranty. Thank goodness for Canadian Mazda's having unlimited mileage warranties.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Uh ohh.. Well I guess at this point best you can do is keep a close eye on coolant levels, watch for white smoke from your exhaust... At least you're still under warranty. Thank goodness for Canadian Mazda's having unlimited mileage warranties.

Yeah the unlimited warranty sure is nice. I'll continue to monitor levels. I've also got the engine oil temp on display at all times now, lol.

I'm going to do one more UoA since the last one was free. My next oil change is in 3000kms. After that, I'll contact Mazda and we'll take it from there.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
This coolant leak issue on the 2.5T should be a concern for all 2.5T owners. It seems to be a potential problem after 3 ~ 5 years mostly caused by cracked cylinder block.

Poll: 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement. What can be done to prevent?