'19 vs '22 Infotainment when using Android Auto

:
New York
:
2022 CX-5 Turbo
Looking into getting a newer CX-5 to replace my 2014 which was totaled. Currently going back and forth between a CPO '19 GTR and a new GTR. Don't really care about the cosmetic refresh, so it seems to me that the big difference is the infotainment update in '21.

I installed a Pioneer 4660NEX in my '14, so I've gotten used to using Android Auto full time. I've seen comparisons that say the new infotainment is significantly faster and more responsive using the Mazda radio/navigation, but does this apply when using AA as well? Or is there not much of a difference when using AA/Carplay?

Thanks!

That is actually a great question, but I only have a partial answer. I had a 2020 and it was painfully slow to start up, the warning screen at start up was particularly annoyingly slow and even the delay when changing radio stations. I can't really remember, but once AA was established I don't remember any particular delay in moving around its functions, like maps or changing my TuneIn stations. But the again, I don't remember what had for breakfast.

If you're looking at a 2019 at a dealer, they could have a 2022 on the lot you could compare it to.

I can only give part answer as well as I have only used the new [Gen 7] infortainment in my CX-5 2021 [thou I did play with the old system in a 2020 a little]. I have no problem with speed/responsiveness in the menus or when in AA or CP mode [though some of that may depend on your phone] e.g. I use AA showing gmaps and a streaming app split screen - switching which is the primary (larger part of split on left) take < 1 sec to redraw. System has spontaneously rebooted ~dozen times [i.e. get the Mazda logo] in use over a 15 months but has restarted quick [15-20s]. I think some Gen 6 had wireless CP but Gen7 doesn't i.e. always need to use USB cable.
I have a few niggles with Gen7 but overall I think it's a pretty good & responsive system & a definite improvement on what I've read about the Gen6 system - think the 2022 models have wireless phone charging [thou still not wireless AA/CP] depending on trim

Back