12v meter from Amazon

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
I ordered this 12v meter from Amazon. Took exactly a week for free delivery so that's good.

I also ordered a five pack of the little 12v mini dislays for $10.

I need to find a good location. It fits in a round hole so that should make it easier. Anybody try this?
20200414_073341.jpg

I inserted a similar thing in the center/top speaker grill of both my cars (2014 and 2019). In my case it I used QC3.0 fast USB chargers with a voltmeter included - primarily as an easy source of charge to dash (or window)-mounted phone/GPS etc.

In any case, the grills are just clipped in and pop out easily, and there's enough space below to install pretty much anything. And if you screw up, the grills are cheap to replace (~$8 on eBay for the 2014).

Now the caveat for you is that it's difficult to see the readout when facing upward, except reflected in the windshield. So this idea may be useless for you :)

Removable panels are good.

I am thinking the meter will be connected to the fuse panel under the dash. I might look for a place down there at least the wiring would be easy.

It's easy to fish a wire up from the fuse panel to that grill (in both MY's). There's not a lot in the way back there.

Back