100K MP5 Club

Hit a milestone yesterday! I completed all the mods below within the last year, and she's running better than ever.
- AEM SRI
- OBX Header
- 2.5" Megan cat back
- 2.5" catted midpipe
- Tokico Blues
- Eibach Pro Kit
- Irridium plugs
- New coil packs and wires
- Fog light mod - on w/ parking lights
- Blacked the bezzel on the head lights
- Black Altezza tail lights
- Tinted side markers
- Tinted all the way around
- Cleaned up dings and dents
- Blacked out emblems except for the red "5"
96b8235d.jpg

b3bc516a.jpg

Over 130,000 miles.

I was driving about 6,000 miles a year with my previous job. Now, I'm driving 30,000 a year and the miles are racking up fast.

Bought my 2002.5 3 weeks ago and its currently sitting at 133k. Love this car. Already planning a v6 engine swap once this 4 banger blows but I have a feeling its gonna be a while cause shes running strong!

I just got mine last weekend and just yesterday changed the oil and she is clocked at 167,460...gonna keep tabs on her.

128,xxx getting up there, hoping i do not have to do any sort of swap. i had a mk3 jetta before her and she had a motor swap and tranny swap. both done around 190,xxx. ran into all sorts of electical problems with her.

Had a 178,xxx until she was totaled. Ran strong until the day of the accident and even survived two new drivers learning how to drive a manual as well as my mom using it for her daily driver while she worked three hours from home and came home on the weekends. Also survived being driven through a small pond in a parking lot during a heavy rainstorm three years ago and only thing needing replacement was the battery. Didn't hydrolock or nothing even though I'm pretty sure water got sucked into the CAI.

I need to redo the valve cover gasket which means I may as well change my belts which means I may as well change my timing belt (its due) which means I may as well take the head off and totally rebuild the top end polishing/porting the head which means I may as well do some light boring and put some pistons in there which means I may as well go with a different cam which means I may as well go turbo... Sounds like a good plan. I havent completely installed my exhaust yet (on order) but things are a haapinin fast! Hehe my wife is very happy that I bought an "economical" car. (evil grin) oops..
Hey you might as well rebuild the whole motor while your at it! (breakn)

Bought mine with 98K miles on it. I was proud to be the one who broke the 100K cherry. I hit 137K this morning

I bought my 03.5 with 0.... and put 1/4 of a million on it... Need to take some shots of it to a bodyshop for estimates. I'd love to see it go 300K+

I'm resistant & apprehensive to join this club but resistance is futile.....Bought in Jan 2004 with 0 miles and now approaching 95k. With gas spiking this car will see more wheel time due to better mpg than my truck so 100k is immenant, just not sure when. Maybe another 6 months or so...........

Damn I hit 23232 yesterday. On my 2002 think I have a while. Hope mine can make it to the 200k like so many in here!

I'm new to the forum, I bought my blue bomber new and took delivery off of the truck!!!
She now has 235K (miles) on her, original motor transmission (replaced the clutch at 198K). Last oil change was the first time I've had to add oil between changes. I'm certain the bomber will see 300K

Last edited:
Well...Im at 156k now. I still have all the engine mods. (Header, CAI MSP exhaust, pulleys mounts etc. Got rid of the Teins and thinking of selling the axleback.) I burn about a quart of oil every 3k miles. (I call it essential valve lubercation) This has been a great car!

Back