10" Android Stereo Install

Originally bought this for my 6 but does not fit due to a lip on the dash that is not on the CX-5. Might as well make a review for it. Has plugs for stock stereo harness, radio, backup cam. Stock USB and Aux will not work with this. Has an app to still control and save the stock car settings. No CD/DVD slot. Also has harness for Commander Knob but not sure if it works since I do not have one. Easily rootable with "Baiduroot", space for apps is a bit limited.

I do have this for sale since I can't use it here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123852990-10-quot-CX-5-Android-Car-Stereo-Unit

System Config:
10" Display
Dual Core 1GHz
1GB Ram
1 USB in the rear

Mazda 6 Fail

I really wish that I knew how these companies got things like bluetooth calling to work. I mean I have found ways to keep most all other functionality other than using Tablet Talk + external bluetooth receiver. I guess that their build has some kind of bluetooth hardware and software that normal stock Android does not have. Any input on what you can see on this unit?

I believe that there should be a internal bluetooth reciever, does not use the internal bluetooth module. Everything worked great until I tried to install in my 6 which did not work due to a lip not present on the CX-5. I would have kept it if it fit but that's why I'm selling it now.

That's a nice UI, and that app to do stock car settings is impressive.

I am guessing there was some reverse engineering where they figured out the data signals on the CANBUS and built an app around it.

Where was this ordered from? who makes it? I can't find any information out about it other than this thread and the for sale thread.

Back